Investigation into Joseph Wilcox's death in Santa Lucia

Reprinted from Newsroom Panama

Boquete Investigation into US Army Vet Death

Posted on May 2, 2018 in Panama
gringo-620x264.jpg

Panama’s Public Ministry has opened a homicide investigation into the death of a United States Army veteran whose body was found in his home in Santa Lucia Boquete, Chiriqui, on Tuesday, May 1.
Joseph Wilcox, 70, was discovered in a pool of blood by police in the bathroom of the rented residence in the tourist district reports El Siglo.
The retiree lived alone in a rented house and when he had not been seen for several days, neighbors alerted local police.
Giselle Acosta,  Boquete Homicide Prosecutor said that an investigation had been  opened and an autopsy will reveal the causes of death.
Criminology  agents from  the Institute of Legal Medicine and Forensic Sciences, officials of the DIJ and the Public Ministry visited the house and removed the body to a morgue  in David.

Edited by Moderator_02
added hotlink in the article title

Joe Wilcox had some serious heart issues he was trying to have attended to. This is a recent communication I had with him. RIP

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 9:52 PM, Keith <keithwoolford@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry to hear that Joe, hope they patch you up quickly.

saludos, Keith

On Mar 8, 2018, at 8:28 PM, Joseph Wilcox <jlw194874@gmail.com> wrote:\

Hi Keith,
Well, I've hit a snag that will occupy my attention for a while ?.  I have been having chest pains
that began with the onset of a cold but I finally decided to have it checked out and it is heart related.
I will be having a coronary angiogram over this weekend and, if stents are all that is needed, they will
place them during the angiogram. Worst case is that I need a bypass graft which is "open heart"
surgery. I have family and Medicare in the States so will probably have that done in US. If it is
only stents I should be back on my feet in a short time. I'll keep you posted!

Edited by Keith Woolford

Joe's heart issues were well known among his neighbors. That's why it was surprising to hear he was found in a pool of blood (as reported by El Siglo). Panama has its share of tabloids dealing in sensationalism and playing loose with the facts but I don't know if El Siglo is one of them.

Just now, Penny said:

Joe's heart issues were well known among his neighbors. That's why it was surprising to hear he was found in a pool of blood (as reported by El Siglo). Panama has its share of tabloids dealing in sensationalism and playing loose with the facts but I don't know if El Siglo is one of them.

It is.

Joe had been having chest pains for several months and was denied treatment by his insurance. One report said he was found in the bathroom. He could easily fallen and hit his head.

1 hour ago, Keith Woolford said:

Joe Wilcox had some serious heart issues he was trying to have attended to. This is a recent communication I had with him. RIP

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 9:52 PM, Keith <keithwoolford@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry to hear that Joe, hope they patch you up quickly.

saludos, Keith

On Mar 8, 2018, at 8:28 PM, Joseph Wilcox <jlw194874@gmail.com> wrote:\

Hi Keith,
Well, I've hit a snag that will occupy my attention for a while ?.  I have been having chest pains
that began with the onset of a cold but I finally decided to have it checked out and it is heart related.
I will be having a coronary angiogram over this weekend and, if stents are all that is needed, they will
place them during the angiogram. Worst case is that I need a bypass graft which is "open heart"
surgery. I have family and Medicare in the States so will probably have that done in US. If it is
only stents I should be back on my feet in a short time. I'll keep you posted!

Keith:  Thanks for sharing this communication. A sad situation of Joe Wilcox. Our prayers for all involved.

• Sad 1

Let's not rush to judgment and panic the community. Where did this information come from? It concerns me that the police "apparently" are saying this. They generally are very close-mouthed about investigations. All rumors spread rapidly here, including those that may have no basis in fact.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bonnie said:

Let's not rush to judgment and panic the community. Where did this information come from? It concerns me that the police "apparently" are saying this. They generally are very close-mouthed about investigations. All rumors spread rapidly here, including those that may have no basis in fact.

Totally agree!

• Upvote 1