Thanksgiving at Amigos de Animales

NewsLady

image.png.aa36cfcfbfca52fb53ad2a3dd2216b04.png

On November 23rd please join us for a potluck dinner at the Animales Clinic.  Your entrance fee is your favorite dish to share.  The doors open at 4:00 PM.  We will be giving thanks with old friends, new friends,
and family.  Lots of fun and food.  MUSIC!

SEE YOU THERE!
Any questions, please
Call Cary at 6779-8568
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

My whole neighborhood is going. Then we will have another Thanksgiving the following Thursday for our friends and neighbors.

I'm only hoping for non-powdered mashed potatoes. I guess I'll bring them to make sure they didn't come out of a box.

• 1 month later...

I attended this today, and it was fabulous. Turkey, ham, and more delicious side dishes and desserts than you can imagine. It was one of the best holiday meals I’ve ever had. Thanks to the whole Animales gang, particularly Sheila for her organizing and cooking skills! 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bonnie said:

I attended this today, and it was fabulous. Turkey, ham, and more delicious side dishes and desserts than you can imagine. It was one of the best holiday meals I’ve ever had. Thanks to the whole Animales gang, particularly Sheila for her organizing and cooking skills! 

What she said. What a great facility Animales has built. The meal was fantastic and so was the company. About 80 people attended and a good time was had by all.

• Moderators

Totally agree with Bonnie and Penny. I am not good at estimating crowd sizes, but I did hear a few people estimate anywhere from 60 to maybe 80 people at this event. I cannot imagine anyone going away unfilled or unhappy or less than thankful for all of their blessings. Animlales must have the best bar prices in the highlands area; $1 for soft stuff and $3 for the hard stuff, and a good variety of drink selections. I (Bud) was pleased that Sheila started the event with everyone observing a moment of meditation or quiet time for a blessing for our bounties.

A deeply sincere thank you to all who planned, executed, supported, and volunteered to make this such a success. Especially giving kudos to Sheila, Karl, and Ruby.

Here are some pictures taken during this event:

Karl and Sheila.jpg

Karl and Sheila

2018-11-22 16.30.20.jpg

Ruby

2018-11-22 15.35.30.jpg

The crowd lining up to partake of the feast.

2018-11-22 15.35.46.jpg

One of two very long tables with all kinds of foods. A veritable feast.

2018-11-22 16.29.42.jpg

A group shot of people enjoying the food and conversations with family and friends..