Keith Woolford

Señor Gyros Changes Hands

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Mark and Gary, the owners of Señor Gyros, which is located on Calle 1A Sur next to CHOX in Bajo Boquete, announced that the business changed hands as of last Friday.  It's my understanding that the new owner is Nadine Wilson, previously of Seasons at Lucero.

Edited by Keith Woolford

Gary told me it is a family from South Africa who have been in the restaurant business over 30 years. Plan is to double the space, enclose the patio, and have entertainment.

The Wilson family from South Africa (including Nadine, a former chef at Colibri and Seasons, and her brother who is also a chef).  I've also heard they will be putting in a meat cold locker for aging beef.  

Edited by Pederhaney

Have to wonder where the clientele is going to come from that's going to fill all these establishments on a regular basis.

True. On just about any Friday or Saturday night, you see very few restaurants that have a waiting list to get in, are totally full for more than 2 hours, or turning folks away.

If you don't have at least 2 full seatings for dinner you are not going to make it.  Meat locker for ageing beef! Nice to have deep pockets.