I'm sure Boquete dwellers noticed heavy rain with nickel size rain drops falling this afternoon. While driving downtown we saw a lady almost fall into on-coming traffic as she attempted to get out of her car then step across or over the rushing water running along the street.

This situation emphasized the elevated drive area and trying to reach the sidewalk which in many cases is several inches or a foot plus lower than the roadway.

Anyone know why this sizable difference in height between the street and walkway? And can anything be done to make this more safe?

1 hour ago, GrayRiver Farms said:

I am sure that there would be many who would really appreciate the mayor and other government people if they would even them up.  The situation is not people friendly at all, especially for older people.

I agree this level of roadway vs sidewalk is not friendly and I think even dangerous adding to difficulty in parking along the street. (Suppose this may be the reason those small yellow cars just stop in the middle of the street to allow passengers to exit the vehicle?) You think?