How do we edit our own postings?

Chica de Chiriqui

Question

6 answers to this question

• Administrators

Based on numerous member requests and advice from advisers, the grace period in which a posting remains unlocked for editing by the originator has been extended to fifteen (15) minutes from the original five minute limit.

Below is the original guidance on editing a posting that has now been modified effective with this posting.

Good question that has come up a few times so far.

Once a member has posted something on this website, they have a five (5) minute grace period in which to review and potentially (1) do nothing, or (2) to edit the content of their posting; it is not possible to delete that posting. Once that five minute grace period has expired, then the posting is locked.

Administrators and moderators can edit any content on the website at any time, but a request by a member for such an edit would have to be justified per our Terms & Rules.

• Administrators

Once a member has posted something on this website, they have a five (5) minute grace period in which to review and potentially (1) do nothing, or (2) to edit, or (3) to delete their posting. Once that five minute grace period has expired, then the posting is locked.

Administrators and moderators can edit any content on the website at any time, but a request by a member for such an edit would have to be justified per our Terms & Rules.

• Administrators

Dear Chica de Chiriqui,

You are correct in that the five minute grace period before locking a posting does NOT permit the complete deletion of the posting. I apologize for my mistake. I have also updated the Terms & Rules to clarify this fact. Refer to Global Rule #17.

I will also repost my original answer so that the correct and complete wording is available for all to see.

• Administrators

Once a member has posted something on this website, they have a five (5) minute grace period in which to review and potentially (1) do nothing, or (2) to edit the content of their posting; it is not possible to delete that posting. Once that five minute grace period has expired, then the posting is locked.

Based on numerous member requests and advice from advisers, the grace period in which a posting remains unlocked for editing by the originator has been extended to fifteen (15) minutes from the original five minute limit.

Below is the original guidance on editing a posting that has now been modified effective with this posting.

Gracias.