Bonnie

Restaurant Days and Hours

3 posts in this topic

I have had a long-standing problem of scheduling lunch with friends on Monday through Thursday because we never know what is going to be open and when. For example, innumerable times we have tried to meet at The Fish House on Tuesday at noon only to find it closed although there is evidence that it opened later that day. My Tuesday lunch group has met at Big Daddy's often in the past on Tuesday, but today I found out that it now is open on Monday but closed on Tuesday. I discovered quite by accident that The Sandwich Shop is closed on Thursday. Also, most restaurants are closed on Monday, but it would be nice to know which ones are open in order to schedule on that day.

Does anyone else have this problem? More importantly, does anyone have an idea about how to accomplish a compilation of this information. Most Boquete restaurants don't have a website, and their Facebook pages seldom contain the days and hours of operation.

My guess is that more gringos go out to lunch on Tuesday than any other day of the week. It seems a natural progression to go to the market, attend the Tuesday talks, and then go with friends to lunch. The restaurants that close on Tuesday are missing a good piece of business IMO.

Posted (edited)

An active restaurant list with phone number, hours of operation, web site link to view the menu, location, Facebook page, would be a great resource. Maybe a few restaurant owners will step up to the plate and start one?

Edited by TwoSailors