Bomberos Capture and Relocate Boa from Local Hostel

Just curious. Was this a pet snake, or a random incident of a wandering snake? I ask that question because I have read that some people keep boa constrictors as pets to control mice and other critter infestations.

2 hours ago, Bud said:

Just curious. Was this a pet snake, or a random incident of a wandering snake? I ask that question because I have read that some people keep boa constrictors as pets to control mice and other critter infestations.

Boas are not uncommon here. My next door neighbor found one coiled on his metal gate, for example, and there's a well-known photo of one on the Lucero golf course. I don't believe it's common for Panamanians to keep pet snakes for whatever reason. So my guess is that it was a wanderer in search of prey. (Must have given some tourists at the hostel quite a fright.) Congratulations to the Bomberos for relocating the snake rather than killing it. My experience has been that Panamanians kill most snakes on sight.