Two vet experiences within the past week

Bonnie

Both of my dogs were due their booster shots, and it was imperative that I get them within a week before they go to Kris's kennel early next week. I usually go to Dra. Chely, but last week the water/sewer work made it impossible to get to her office. So on Thursday I took Skeeter, my smaller dog (15 lbs. or so), to Dr. Batista at Clinica San Jose near La Posada, where he (Skeeter) received the booster and an anti-parasite injection. Cost: $60. I was planning to return this week with my hefty golden retriever, Finnegan, but, to my surprise, Dr. Batista has not been in Boquete at all this week (despite promises that he would return on Wednesday). In desperation, I set out this morning for Dra. Chely's with Finnegan and with the help of my gardener. After a long, circuitous, pot-holed, muddy drive we finally arrived, and Finny received the booster injection and two anti-parasitic tablets. Cost: $15. In case you're math-challenged like me, Dr. Batista's charge was four times that of Dra. Chely's for essentially the same treatment.

Edited by Bonnie

One of the girls at our house, Mya, was definitely out of sorts one day this week, but I struck out calling around to several vets, including Dr.Batista.

On Alicia's and Bonnie's recommendation I took her to see Dr.Gomez at Clinica Veterinaria Don Henry in David. He saw us and diagnosed the problem immediately, gave her a shot, a can of special food, some pills, and away we went. About $45 total. We were all happy after that and would return.

image.jpg

Edited by Keith Woolford

How do we find the Dr Gomez clinic Don Henry in David ?

1 hour ago, Keith Woolford said:

One of the girls at our house, Mya, was definitely out of sorts one day this week, but I struck out calling around to several vets, including Dr.Batista.

On Alicia's and Bonnie's recommendation I took her to see Dr.Gomez at Clinica Veterinaria Don Henry in David. He saw us and diagnosed the problem immediately, gave her a shot, a can of special food, some pills, and away we went. About $45 total. We were all happy after that and would return.

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Moderator_02 said:

Clinica Vet Don Henry is listed in the CL Pet/Vet posting with address, telephone, etc. (Other vets are also listed, by city.)

Here is the link, and just scroll down the vet listing (at the bottom):

The address for Veterinaria Don Henry has changed, according to Keith. Here are his instructions for the new site:

Calle E Norte y Avenida Central

775-7531

Map of Avenida Central & Calle E Norte,         David, Panama