What is that old saying——“looks like everybody is in charge but nobody is in charge”.

Best I can explain, without been a nuisance to the engineer to get more information, is that as they were digging in new areas, they ran into boulders that required the heavy equipment crew. The breaking of these boulders may take days. So, they would move the work crew on to other areas and later to return once the boulder crews cleared the way. Keep in mind these boulders are spread everywhere and that once they break one apart, they may find another a few yards away

I went from north of town to Alto Boquete this morning. Be forewarned that the intersection at the municipio and Romero is being excavated and therefore is closed. Bridge access and egress is via the use of the narrow road on the west side, in front of the ice cream parlor. Cars are parked along that street making it one lane. There's no one directing traffic, so it's significantly backed up. And that was early. I advise using the Palo Alto/Alto Lino loop if you're headed for the north side of town.

Yes Bonnie, also on Tuesday when I went into town, the right turn that was in use was blocked off and we were directed along the main road into town or to take a left turn past The Haven. I have come to the conclusion that it is best to be prepared for anything...tho' I didn't see any rock breaking! 

Am I the only one who remembers all the bitching and complaining that went on during the widening of the Via Boquete to 4 lanes?  Every day people were at their keyboards pounding out complaints of inconvenience, poor planning, bad management, and predictions of death and destruction.

All the griping stopped upon completion and people now travel to David in about 1/2 hour.

12 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

President Varela was in town today to look over the project and predicted that the streets will be repaved by November 27th.

Is that 2018 or 2019? 😋

Methinks perhaps 2020. 😑

Since the heavy rains last night, the intersection at Bruna grocery and the derelict building is a real nightmare: deep, deep potholes. You want to avoid it if at all possible. I thought I was going to have to go into four-wheel drive to get through this morning.

Second that! They are grading the main road ( again ) going out of town. Maybe just maybe they will pave it?

Programmed Street Closures and Interruption of Water Service due to connections of the distribution system to the Main.

CABB6402-3CD6-4D56-9754-E090EF10EF3A.thumb.jpeg.f35a71addff0db7be5d821427137f956.jpeg

Edited by Keith Woolford

Well, I suppose that's good news, but it isn't entirely satisfying . Is the detour merely postponed? Will they do anything to mitigate the inconvenience, including the obvious---paving the detour first?

Due to the interruptions to water service on Sunday,  shutoffs that were scheduled for today have been postponed until tomorrow.

1918888307_Screenshot_2018-10-16(1)LuzmaldoJavilla.png.178a44a3e7315c2ff51aa698dbe8e7e5.png