Please help with amount of slope!

My employee is constructing a cover for my garden. There is not a peak in the middle. The water will drain to one side of the garden.

On one side, the tubos set in concrete are 7 feet high. On the opposite side he set tubos 6 feet high. The space between the two sides is 12 feet. There will be carriolas welded every four feet from one side to the other for the 30-foot length of the garden to support a plastic cover.

He just welded the first carriola today from the 7-foot side across to the 6-foot side. I called a halt to the procedure because it sure looks to me that a one-foot difference between 12 feet will not provide sufficient drainage of the rain. He may have to remove that first carriola and cut the 6-foot tubos to a shorter length. Can someone please give me the correct advice about how much shorter the one side should be in order to provide proper drainage of the rain?

I looked on the internet and all the information about "ratios," etc. is beyond my comprehension. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Dottie Atwater said:

My employee is constructing a cover for my garden. There is not a peak in the middle. The water will drain to one side of the garden.

On one side, the tubos set in concrete are 7 feet high. On the opposite side he set tubos 6 feet high. The space between the two sides is 12 feet. There will be carriolas welded every four feet from one side to the other for the 30-foot length of the garden to support a plastic cover.

He just welded the first carriola today from the 7-foot side across to the 6-foot side. I called a halt to the procedure because it sure looks to me that a one-foot difference between 12 feet will not provide sufficient drainage of the rain. He may have to remove that first carriola and cut the 6-foot tubos to a shorter length. Can someone please give me the correct advice about how much shorter the one side should be in order to provide proper drainage of the rain?

I looked on the internet and all the information about "ratios," etc. is beyond my comprehension. Thanks!

If I am correct the slope you have planned is 4.7 degrees. The water will run off, but it won't flush any leaves. I have a 10 degree slope on my back roof, and what accumulates grows stuff, and I have to remove it. My front roof is 20 degrees and doesn't have this problem. Hope this helps. Your plastic cover is going to sag somewhat, so even more slope is needed.