Mothers demand right to Breast Feed in Public

Mothers demand right to breast feed in public

breast-feeding-480x264.jpg

NURSING   mothers mounted a protest during the closing hours at  Expo Tourism at the Atlapa Convention center on Saturday on  May 28. They were demanding the right to breastfeed in public places

The mothers came with their young and while sitting on the floor breastfed their babies.

The protest sprang from a note published on social media by Sinara Abrego, who  said that two officials would not let her provide  breast milk in one of the bathrooms at the  Convention Center, as she participated in Expo Turismo.

The message went viral on Facebook and Twitter and nursing mothers rushed to support heron line and at the  exhibition

Those who joined the protest at Atlapa carried banners saying:

“Giving the teat is giving my baby the best of me.”… “ Baby feeding is natural ” …”I do not ask you to understand me, but I demand that you respect me”,   … “I only drink milk from Mom, you want to put me with your food

http://www.newsroompanama.com/news/panama/mothers-demand-right-breast-feed-public

Edited by Keith Woolford

Breast-feeding in public is one of those cultural norms here which some others may find offensive but seem perfectly natural and acceptable to me.

Attempts at political correctness often distort the focus of an issue. ie: recently saw where some twit in the States wanted to regulate breast-feeding by cup size.

3 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

Breast-feeding in public is one of those cultural norms here which some others may find offensive but seem perfectly natural and acceptable to me.

Attempts at political correctness often distort the focus of an issue. ie: recently saw where some twit in the States wanted to regulate breast-feeding by cup size.

Keith

I sometimes dont understand people when they came with this ridiculous acts of censuring a natural act of feeding an infant.   There are worst things people do in public and it is ok for those people.   The women was not even allowed to breastfeed the baby in the Restroom.  Please.   May be those persons werent breastfeeded by their own moms.  

I do think as you do.  To me this is perfectly NATURAL and ACCEPTABLE.

4 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

Sounds typical of the US. Someone is always wanting to regulate something ridiculous. But of course they won't "regulate" anything important, such mandating that food labels advise whether ingredients are GMO.