Jean Carlo Cerrud, Deputy Homicide Prosecutor in Chiriqui, Fired After Drug Video Posted On Facebook

• Moderators

Homicide prosecuor fired after drug video on facebook

agn33fzmyjf7phim6mndym3dk4.jpg

Posted 17/01/2020

The Deputy Homicide  Prosecutor in the of Chiriquí, Jean Carlo Cerrud, has been removed from his post, after a video showing him allegedly using drugs appeared on social networks.

Meanwhile, Cerrud reported that he filed a complaint for the alleged commission of the crime of extortion, for these events that occurred on January 9.

That day - according to Cerrud - two people entered his vehicle and began to threaten him.

He said he identified them as relatives of a man sentenced to 25 years in jail in a homicide case in the San Cristobal area .

According to Cerrud, one of them told him "what he had to do" and the other [a woman] recorded it with his cell phone.

Cerrud denied being a drug user. "No, not at all, they forced me and threatened me," he said

Once the video spread on social networks said the prosecutor, on Tuesday, January 14, he presented the corresponding complaints before the authorities. He commented that he did not previously file the complaint against these two people since he "felt fear."

“They gave me a restraining order; I requested a stronger measure for protection, ”he added.

Upon his separation from the post, Cerrud said he accepted this decision, which was already notified. He said he will assess whether he exercises any type of action or not.

"The prosecutor's position is very risky and dangerous," especially when he is a homicide, he told media.

https://www.newsroompanama.com/news/homicide-prosecuor-fired-after-drug-video-on-facebook

• Moderator_02 changed the title to Jean Carlo Cerrud, Deputy Homicide Prosecutor in Chiriqui, Fired After Drug Video Posted On Facebook