It's hard to believe a fire could survive with all the rain and bajareque, unless it's not raining over there.

I saw in Newsroom Panama that this weather is predicted to last at least through tomorrow. Does anyone have more info? I still don't fully understand what's going on. The wind this time of year is common, but what about the rain? We've had light but pretty steady rain all week, made worse by being blown around.

The dogs are suffering from severe cabin fever--as am I.

Yup....wind here has blown a few settlers right outta here and back home.  Crazy wild wind. Every year we say...WOW..this has to be the worst wind ever.   Then it stops.   Then the silence...another WOW.   Then the rain.  

Edited by Brundageba
spacing

More folks who hadn't done their homework. I honestly believe that for-profit websites that promote Panama with little more than hype--cheap real estate, perfect weather, and rock-bottom cost of living--approach the despicable. I have nothing against free enterprise/making-a-buck, but if it's built on lies, it's worthy of condemnation. I can't count the number of people I've met who have come here with unrealistic expectations based on what they've read online only to find that it is not at all what they expected. They are miserable. And some cannot afford to go home, having sold everything to get here.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Brundageba said:

Yup....wind here has blown a few settlers right outta here and back home.  Crazy wild wind. Every year we say...WOW..this has to be the worst wind ever.   Then it stops.   Then the silence...another WOW.   Then the rain.  

Didn't know cats could "fly" until this crazy wild wind came to Boquete. Never mind their trying to stand and walk. Poor things.

• Upvote 1