El Matador News -- Special Pet Edition

Bob

134136376?profile=originalSpecial Pet Edition

To many of us, keeping our pets healthy and well taken care of has a very high priority. And just as with humans, maintaining good health and dealing with problems quickly is important.

Let's review some El Matador products that can contribute to health maintenance be used to treat various problems.

134137103?profile=originalColloidal Silver

Colloidal silver kills bacteria, viruses and fungi. It can be used externally on cuts, scrapes and infections. It can be given internally for intestinal, respiratory and other infections. The dosage amount for internal treatment is approximately proportional to weight. Here is a list for guidance:

150 lbs – 2 ounces for two days, then 2 tablespoons for 2 days

75 lbs – 1 ounce for two days, then 1 tablespoon for 2 days

40 lbs – 1 tablespoon for two days, then 2 teaspoons for 2 days

20 lbs -- 2 teaspoons for two days, then 1 teaspoon for 2 days

10 lbs – 1 teaspoon for two days, then ½ teaspoon for 2 days

5 lbs – ½ teaspoon for two days, then ¼ teaspoon for 2 days

The best way to administer the colloidal silver is to put the dose into a small amount of milk in a shallow bowl and allow the pet to drink it all at one time.

If you would like information about using colloidal silver for both pets and people, send an email to usn11958@gmail.com with the subject “El Matador Pets”

El Matador Colloidal Silver is available in 8 ounce bottles for $15 and one quart bottles for $45.

134137215?profile=originalBoron Supplement

Boron supplement has multiple uses. The main application is to prevent and treat arthritis and osteoporosis. It is sad to see a pet with arthritis. It is best to prevent it, but if your pet already has arthritis, it can be treated with boron supplement. Dosage for prevention is one teaspoon for each 50 pounds of pet weight. Treatment dosage is one teaspoon for each 25 pounds of pet weight. The supplement can be added to the pet's water dish if you are confident that it will all be drunk. Otherwise put it in shallow bowl with a small amount of milk. By the way, human dosage is 3 teaspoons per day for prevention and 6 teaspoons per day for treatment.

Boron supplement can also be used for treating internal candida (yeast) infections. Use a dosage of four times the treatment dosage for five days.

Boron supplement is also good for balancing hormones in both male and female humans. I don't know how to tell if pets need such treatment.

A one quart bottle of El Matador Boron Supplement costs $12. It will last for one to two months for humans and longer for most pets.

134136685?profile=originalPup Fresh

134136968?profile=original

PUP FRESH is a product from El Matador that both you and your canine friend will appreciate.

Many veterinarians advise that it is not good to bathe dogs too frequently because of the risk of drying out and irritating their skin. Of course if they roll in mud or something worse, it has to be done.

One veterinarian site states:

Bathing your dog once per week or more frequently is wrong. If you bathe your dog more frequently than recommended, the dog may develop problems such as:

Excessive dryness of skin, due to the fact that the skin cannot produce essential

oils at a more frequent rate

The coat will get dull, due to the lack of essential oils

The skin will be more prone to infections, because the essential oils also have a

protective role.

Dogs with long hair need somewhat more frequent baths because they can, and usually do, collect more dirt. Even some dogs with short hair produce more skin oils than others and need more frequent bathing. But, in general, bathing should not be more frequent than every three or four weeks.

So what does PUP FRESH have to do with all this?

PUP FRESH is a spray-on solution that keeps your dog looking good, smelling clean and repelling fleas and ticks between baths. If your dog has long hair, you can back comb it as you spray on PUP FRESH so that it reaches the skin better and then brush or comb normally. For short-haired dogs you only need to apply the spray from a fairly close distance and allow it to penetrate to the skin. No rinsing or drying is necessary.

After spraying with PUP FRESH, the doggy odor is replaced by a pleasant aroma, while the active ingredients do the job of killing germs and repelling fleas.

PUP FRESH comes in a high quality 24 ounce spray bottle---enough to last a good while even if you have a Great Dane.

PRICE? It's a bit higher than I would like but a LOT less than commercial dog sprays you can find on Amazon.com or at Wal-Mart. One of my ingredients costs about $12 per ounce.

A 24 ounce spray bottle of PUP FRESH costs $8.00. For comparison, a 10 ounce bottle of a similar spray by Burt's Bees costs $7.96 plus shipping to Miami, plus shipping to Boquete.  That's only about 42% as much as you get with El Matador PUP FRESH.

To order, send an email to me at usn11958@gmail.com or call me at 6745-2828. I can usually deliver on Tuesday mornings at the market, or we can make other arrangements on a case by case basis. If you have not ordered in advance, call me while you are at the market. I try to keep extra products in my car if they are available.

WARNING! Do not use PUP FRESH on cats or allow cats near it.

For a list of all currently available El Matador products, send an email to

usn11958@gmail.com and request a product information and price sheet.