Ugly American aggressive with Alcalde Walker

Listen I do hope the local authorities will take care of this.  It's certainly nothing we can make happen as foreigners no matter where we come from.  I'd like to know what did happen to this man that's for sure. I don't care who you are you can't go trying to run down the Mayor with your car.....for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, Siempre Soluciones said:

Perhaps Panama should begin the deportations of US citizens.

Just saying......maybe Panama has already began the deportation of US citizens ( or can you obtain a Panamian passport?  I can’t, even tho I meet the so called requirements.)

No border hopping allowed, no permanent US Ambassador in Panama, change in Warden responsibilities, emergencies contacts allowed one hour per day for only four days each week......just saying.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, BlueBird said:

Just saying......maybe Panama has already began the deportation of US citizens ( or can you obtain a Panamian passport?  I can’t, even tho I meet the so called requirements.)

No border hopping allowed, no permanent US Ambassador in Panama, change in Warden responsibilities, emergencies contacts allowed one hour per day for only four days each week......just saying.

And the new owners of Casa del Jamon no longer keep their store open on Sundays, the El Rey in David remodeled and their above head signs are no longer in Spanish and English, and the RibaSmith website no longer has an English translation option.

Maybe it's time to go!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Pantah said:

So how do we know this pendejo is from the US? Anyone?

There is an audio/video of the encounter that has been posted on Facebook. In the audio someone, possibly a policewoman, says something about an "estadounidense." The man himself says that he is not from Boquete.

2 hours ago, Brundageba said:

Listen I do hope the local authorities will take care of this.  It's certainly nothing we can make happen as foreigners no matter where we come from.  I'd like to know what did happen to this man that's for sure. I don't care who you are you can't go trying to run down the Mayor with your car.....for whatever reason.

image.png.aaeeb6ab623073d35a25fae4882891a9.png

A fine to an American for lack of respect to the Mayor of Boquete Emigdio Walker Vásquez.

Ross Wesley Brinton, came upon a road closure caused by inhabitants of Boquete protesting the ambulance equipment of Boquete. It was pointed out that there was an incident in which the vehicle was not enough to overwhelm the mayor of Boquete.

It was said that, based on the law, he was fined 100.00 balboas. The North American apologized to the Judge of the Peace, but it was pointed out that he needs to request an apology to the community and likewise to the Mayor of Boquete.

Due to the incident, the police detained him and placed him under the orders of the Justice of the Peace. The foreigner claimed that he had to go (according to his version) to a pharmacy in David in search of a medicine. The community of Boquete, I'm sure I would have let it go, if he had explained why it needed to happen. But his attitude and rudeness was such that the Police stopped him and took him before the Justice of the Peace Migdalia Méndez.

The citizen is a pensioner who arrived in Boquete, and in this case, he was punished for the attitude of rudeness and disrespect for the authorities of the Police, the Mayor and the community.

http://chirinet.net/2018/07/23/le-meten-multa-de-100-00-a-norteamericano-que-le-falto-el-respeto-al-alcalde-y-a-a-la-comunidad-de-boquete/

no permanent US Ambassador in Panama, change in Warden responsibilities, emergencies contacts allowed one hour per day for only four days each week......just saying.

Those are complaints that have everything to do with the U.S. government and nothing to do with Panama's.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siempre Soluciones said:

And the new owners of Casa del Jamon no longer keep their store open on Sundays, the El Rey in David remodeled and their above head signs are no longer in Spanish and English, and the RibaSmith website no longer has an English translation option.

Spanish is the only official language of Panama.

Instead of asking a country to adapt to them, immigrants should think about adapting to the country.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

Spanish is the only official language of Panama.

Instead of asking a country to adapt to them, immigrants should think about adapting to the country.

Keith,

You're right, it's not like in the US where when you call a business telephone number you're prompted with "Press "1" for English."

I sure hope it stays that way.

40 minutes ago, Siempre Soluciones said:

Whskyman,

Agreed.  The whole Rodney gringo hotline thing baffles me.

Over a decade ago with the influx of non-Spanish speaking residents there was a difficulty among them to call for emergency services ( for the most part).  If you need help and can not speak Spanish there's a problem.  Petty crime, home break-ins and theft were also occurring.  That's when AAC ( Stop Crime) started.  For a donation, you could avail yourself of their services to translate into Spanish your needs to the service provider you needed ( ie police/ambulance).  Rodny was the person that provided that translation via phone direct to where it needed to go. In time, Rodny went independent  ( Rodny Direct) providing a secured data base system with a broader stored data base.  In essence it is 911 on steroids.  As an example he keeps records for you of your nearest relative and local emergency contact, who cares for your pet, what medicine you take for whatever condition you may have.  The list is long.  When you need help, he not only translates to get you help but as well follows up to make sure your situation is handled in every regard to the point of resolution.  One year costs $80.00.  For my husband and I, it's an essential service even though we do speak Spanish.  Rodny on several occasions has been of enormous assistance when we did not know how to get things done in this country.    

Of note, Rodny is wheelchair bound.  He became fluent in English when as a boy he was able to go to the USA Shriner's hospital for surgery and rehab for his handicap.  He was there a long time.  The connection between Rodny and this emergency service originated through the Handicap Foundation of Boquete.   Rodny Direct is now connected with other similar services all across Panama which he assisted in initiating.  It's now a network.  Hat's off to him!  

Edited by Brundageba
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brundageba said:

Over a decade ago with the influx of non-Spanish speaking residents there was a difficulty among them to call for emergency services ( for the most part).  If you need help and can not speak Spanish there's a problem.  Petty crime, home break-ins and theft were also occurring.  That's when AAC ( Stop Crime) started.  For a donation, you could avail yourself of their services to translate into Spanish your needs to the service provider you needed ( ie police/ambulance).  Rodny was the person that provided that translation via phone direct to where it needed to go. In time, Rodny went independent  ( Rodny Direct) providing a secured data base system with a broader stored data base.  In essence it is 911 on steroids.  As an example he keeps records for you of your nearest relative and local emergency contact, who cares for your pet, what medicine you take for whatever condition you may have.  The list is long.  When you need help, he not only translates to get you help but as well follows up to make sure your situation is handled in every regard to the point of resolution.  One year costs $80.00.  For my husband and I, it's an essential service even though we do speak Spanish.  Rodny on several occasions has been of enormous assistance when we did not know how to get things done in this country.    

Of note, Rodny is wheelchair bound.  He became fluent in Spanish when as a boy he was able to go to the USA Shriner's hospital for surgery and rehab for his handicap.  He was there a long time.  The connection between Rodny and this emergency service originated through the Handicap Foundation of Boquete.   Rodny Direct is now connected with other similar services all across Panama which he assisted in initiating.  It's now a network.  Hat's off to him!  

Hat's off to him!    Could not agree more!!!

• Thanks 1