Ugly American aggressive with Alcalde Walker

During a demonstration today in front of the unfinished Policlínica in Alto Boquete an extranjero confronted the Mayor in an overly aggressive manner.

The report says he aimed his vehicle at the Mayor, another says he tried to pull a gun.

He was recorded saying Panamanians are excrement and Boquete sucks.

In any case, the Police carted his sorry ass away.

Image may contain: 1 person, sunglasses

Edited by Keith Woolford
  • Sad 1

Well the demonstration may not have gotten anybody's attention, but HE certainly did.  Ronald Acosta's Facebook post provoked a ton of very negative local responses regarding extranjeros here in Boquete.   I know it's good they vent their pent up feelings......    All of us need to learn a little patience I believe.   As far as this guy is concerned, I hope he gets what he deserves and more.    

• Sad 1

One might assume that if you try to run another person over  with your vehicle ( or threaten to do so) that this would be an attack with a deadly weapon.  If THAT is not reason to deport a person what is?  Bottom line is he should be held behind bars. 

Keith,    We all appreciate that we despise this man's behavior and wish that our local US Warden (CLV) reps could do something to help remove him....but that's not their job.  That said, let us hope that the force of Panamanian law is in the boot that kicks his a** out of Boquete and back to wherever he came from .

1 hour ago, Brundageba said:

Keith,    We all appreciate that we despise this man's behavior and wish that our local US Warden (CLV) reps could do something to help remove him....but that's not their job.  That said, let us hope that the force of Panamanian law is in the boot that kicks his a** out of Boquete and back to wherever he came from .

It was basically just a hopeful suggestion.

The expat community really needs a fully bilingual person who’s available and willing to do some reporting by attending public meetings and liaising with Officials and Police.

Oops, did I say that before?

Edited by Keith Woolford
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

The expat community really needs a fully bilingual person who’s available and willing to do some reporting by attending public meetings and liaising with Officials and Police

As long as they are bilingual and are willing to put the time and energy into it, we don't care what country they come from.

52 minutes ago, Penny said:

Ooooh, Bonnie. I think you just opened up that old can of worms about who is an American.

From the dictionary:

A·mer·i·can
əˈmerəkən/
adjective
adjective: American
  1. 1.
    relating to or characteristic of the United States or its inhabitants.
    "the election of a new American president"
    • relating to or denoting the continents of America.
      "the American continent south of the tropic of Cancer"
noun
noun: American; plural noun: Americans
  1. 1.
    a native or citizen of the United States.
    • a native or inhabitant of any of the countries of North, South, or Central America.
  2. 2.
    the English language as it is used in the United States; American English.

19 minutes ago, TwoSailors said:

As long as they are bilingual and are willing to put the time and energy into it, we don't care what country they come from.

You may not care, but the U.S. government does. An ACL must be a U.S. citizen.