Rain = Humidity = Mold

With the amounts of rain we have received recently, mold will not be far behind.

You can prevent mold on shoes, leather caps, leather jackets, draperies, area rugs, backs of furniture and other items in your home with El Matador Mold Killer.

Periodically treating your home with ozone is also a good idea.  Unfortunately, the El Matador Ozone Generator is unwell at the moment.  I hope to repair it soon or, if necessary, replace it.

I usually have El Matador Mold Killer available for pickup at my house or a supply in my car in case you see me around town or at the Tuesday Market (wearing my El Matador tee shirt).

If you would like to have information about these products and other El Matador products, send an email to usn11958@gmail.com, using the subject El Matador.

Bob Gregory
6745-2828

I've been using Pool chlorine tablets on my driveway and rockwall for several years.  I apply it using gloves just marking swirls on the cement.  This keeps my driveway and walkways from turning black for almost an entire year..one application.  On my rock wall I first use a wire brush then the chlorine pool tablets.   The rock wall goes from black to brand new.  I get the tablets from Ivan's grocery store.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Brundageba said:

I've been using Pool chlorine tablets on my driveway and rockwall for several years.  I apply it using gloves just marking swirls on the cement.  This keeps my driveway and walkways from turning black for almost an entire year..one application.  On my rock wall I first use a wire brush then the chlorine pool tablets.   The rock wall goes from black to brand new.  I get the tablets from Ivan's grocery store.  

Wow! I never thought of that. What a great idea. Thanks a lot.

You apply the chlorine with the tab making scribbles wearing gloves.     It's great for those spots on sidewalks that get black and slippery.  You might have to brush the surface a bit to get the moss off.  After scribbling on the chlorine tab  the surface then has to be moistened...which with the rain just happens.  If not, a mist with a hose does it.  When it dries the mold is gone.  Now here's another thing i do.  When I finish mopping my floors I'll sometimes add some liquid chlorine to my dirty mop water and then toss it onto my driveway.

Pool chlorine comes as well in granules.  I like using the tab because it stays where I apply it and it's great for the grout on my rack wall.  Wear something to cover your nose and mouth.

Dottie...good question.

The chlorine absorbs into the surface after a couple of heavy rains.   I am very careful to keep the dog out of it and keep an untreated area open for her to walk through when we walk her.   The driveway has a pretty good slope so when it rains it washes off pretty good.  Last time i applied it, there was a heavy rain about 2-3 hours after application.  The driveway became clear of the black mold in spite of the short time it was on there.

Interesting that the chlorine does not impact my plants at all.

Take an empty spray bottle, refill it with 50% water and 50% household bleach.

First sign of any mold inside or outside (black or green), a few squirts, mold literally disappears in seconds.

Also works wonders on white/cream walls and ceilings with mold spots.

Bleach in this dosage is not harmful to plants or animals.

Chlorine is made up of the chemical calcium hypochlorite at about 65 percent strength. Household bleach contains sodium hypochlorite, which is simply chlorine in its liquid form. Bleach, however, is typically only 5 to 6 percent chlorine

• Like 1