Eight of us had dinner at this Tex Mex place on Saturday night following the night school graduation at the High School Gym. While the food and the service had improved considerably since eating there the first week they were open, it still left something to be desired.

There was still no salsa de gallo or sour cream to go with the fajitas and the nachos had something like cheese whiz on them.

Maybe it's just me but I long for Chili's.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

Why is it that no one ever says they want some 'real, authentic' Mexican food like they serve in Mexico City or Guadalajara?

Because I wouldn't trust what was in it. They eat dog in some of those places in Mexico. :o

The Mexican Restaurants in CA, WA and even AK where I've eaten were run by people from Mexico and the cooks made authentic Mexican dishes. You don't have to go to Mexico to get authentic Mexican food you know. 

It is illegal to sell dog or cat meat in the United States but 44 states allow its personal consumption.

What this means is you can humanely kill and eat a dog or cat but you can't sell it at a restaurant or supermarket.

Indian reservations are exempt from such restrictions.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/man-bites-dog-its-legal-to-eat-dogs-and-cats-in-44-states-101714.html

• Administrators
On December 23, 2015 at 8:39 PM, Keith Woolford said:

Why is it that no one ever says they want some 'real, authentic' Mexican food like they serve in Mexico City or Guadalajara?

Keith,

An interesting question. As I type this, we are in Mexico City having some real Mexican food. Wonderful flavors.

I am told that Latin cultures, especially Panamanian, do not like hot (picante) foods. That is not our experience on this trip. Some of the foods are so hot that Marcelyn can't eat them. I am the food tester, protecting her delicate palate. Not a bad job to have.

Why, oh why, can we not get good red meats at home like we have had here in Mexico?