Getting Justice For Victims of William "Wild Bill" Dathan Holbert and His Ex-wife Laura Michelle Reese

On 7/10/2017 at 6:39 PM, Penny said:

The really scary part is how long you sit in jail before you get a trial. The right to a speedy trial that we North Americans take for granted isn't a right at all in Panama.

I don't think Ozzie has had a trial yet.

Penny

In some ocassions this delay in getting a quick and fast trial is caused by the Judicial Authorities but on other ocassions they are caused by some "strategy" used by the lawyers of the person that tries to looks for some legal resources to help his customers to get rid of a severe condemn.  It works sometimes but on the other hand it creates more delays and did not help the person at all.

7 hours ago, Bud said:

Keith,

You really shouldn't be so bashful. Now tell how you really feel about this person. O.o

I agree with Keith.  They should make his sentence long enough to be sure he dies of old age before he gets out.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

American serial killer to wed in Panama jail

wild-bill-e1537973081351-569x264.jpg
Post Views: 497

American serial killer ”Wild  Bill” William Dathan Holbert serving a 47 years sentence in a Panama jail for the murder of five US citizens in Bocas del Toro has announced through his lawyer that he will marry in October.

The lawyer Claudia Alvarado, represents the self-confessed killer who in 2012 in Isla Cauchero, Bocas del Toro, killed five of his “friends and neighbors”  for their land and money and buried them on their property.

“Wild Bill” 39,  who claims to have found God and is dedicated to advocating prisoners’ rights will be married to a Panamanian in the David, Chiriqui prison where he is serving his sentence in October reports Mi Diario.

https://www.newsroompanama.com/news/panama/american-serial-killer-to-wed-in-panama-jail

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Wild Bill ,killer of five, married in jail

wild bill wedding.jpg

La Critica photos

Posted 25/01/2019

William Dathan Holbert, 39, better known as "Wild Bill", serving a 47-year prison term for the murder of at least five American expats in Bocas Del Toro married a 23-year-old Chiriqui woman on Thursday,  January  24  at a private ceremony held in the community hall of the state prison in David.

The young woman who married Williams Dathan Holbert is from the community of Paso Canoas, district of Barú, reports La Critica.

The ceremony was conducted by the David first circuit notary in David in the afternoon

Dathan Holbert's lawyer, Claudia Alvarado, was the witness of the marriage that took place in the prison. It was  Holbert's second attempt at a  jailhouse marriage since he was jailed. The last one fell through in 2015. His ex-wife is also in jail for her role in the murders

Holbert, who claims to have “found God” was sentenced to 47 years and one month in prison after being found guilty of murdering the five Americans in Cauchero Island, Bocas del Toro

However, the defense filed an appeal because the sanction was applied with the new Criminal Procedure Code  (SPA) and not with the Code that was in force at the time of the events, with the inquisitorial system.

https://newsroompanama.com/news/wild-bill-killer-of-five-married-in-jail

49 minutes ago, Brundageba said:

What astounds me is the liberty he apparently was allowed to develop this relationship.  Puzzling.  He's a changed man ( as he professes) and this gal must see something in that.  

Not necessarily. Lots has been written about the psychopathology of women who marry inmates.

Didja notice that none of the photos have a full front facial view of the bride? In fact the other women in the pictures at the wedding were absent a full front facial view. Also the bride’s name was not provided, with the only identifying information in the articles being that she is from Paso Canoas.

It appears to me that her identity is being hidden, probably to deter problems regarding her safety at her home.

Am I looney with this logic?

Edited by BD
spelling correction

3 hours ago, BD said:

Didja notice that none of the photos have a full front facial view of the bride? In fact the other women in the pictures at the wedding were absent a full front facial view. Also the bride’s name was not provided, with the only identifying information in the articles being that she is from Paso Canoas.

It appears to me that her identity is being hidden, probably to deter problems regarding her safety at her home.

Am I looney with this logic?

Dear BD....here is one of three photos submitted to Reten Chiriqui via twitter. Pretty gal...both appear to be happy. Not your average day in prison. 

image.png

Edited by Brundageba

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators

Wild Bill serial  killer thanks God  for Panama’s beautiful people

wild-bill.jpg

Wild Bill Holbert

Posted 16/08/2019

American serial killer William Dathan “Wild Bill” Holbert, serving a 47-year jail sentence in Chiriqui for the  brutal  murder  between 2008  and 2010 of 5  of his fellow countryfolk including  a 16-year-old boy  in Bocas del Toro has reacted to an article in Panama’s El Siglo “Wild Bill, between the anger and contempt for human life.”recapping the crimes that reverberated around the world.

On August 11, 2019, the 47-year- sent a letter from the prison to the director of El Siglo.

“I want to take this opportunity to make things clear. Never in my life have I hurt any Panamanian. My crimes were completely related to foreigners, thugs and fugitives residing in the Republic of Panama.

“Make no mistake, I am a Christian. I found Jesus and Jehovah here in jail. I follow Jesus Christ, there is no God but Jehovah. I thank God for the Republic of Panama and its beautiful people”

US citizen Laura Michelle Reese, an ex-wife of Holbert, was sentenced to 26 years and 4 months in prison.

https://www.newsroompanama.com/media-watch/wild-bill-serial-killer-thanks-god-for-panamas-beautiful-people