Bribed transport inspector caught on camera, fired

• Moderators

Bribed transport inspector  caught on camera, fired

inspectpr-coima-620x264.jpg
Post Views: 208

A Transportation Authority (ATTT)  inspector recorded on video while taking a bribe from an errant driver, was identified by the Authority and immediately fired.

Criminal charges are pending against the ex-inspector and the driver.

The incident took place in La Espiga, La Chorrera.

“The respective disciplinary procedure will be applied, as well as the presentation of the formal complaint of the fact, before the Public Prosecutor,” said the institution’s press release.

In the release, the ATTT also urges the Panamanian population to continue to report any irregularity with public servants.  They can call 311 Citizen Attention Center or email  contactociudadano@transito.gob.pa.

http://www.newsroompanama.com/news/panama/bribed-transport-inspector-caught-on-camera-fired

22 minutes ago, Bonnie said:

Note the following: "Criminal charges are pending against and ex-inspector and the driver." There are still plenty of people out there who consider a bribe to an expedient way to handle traffic violations.

A policeman stopped us for a non-infraction.   His dialogue was such that it was obvious he was hunting for some bribe money.  While he was talking to my husband I got out of the car with my camera and began to take photos of the scene of our "crime" .  The policeman asked my husband what I was doing.  Bill told him that she is taking photos that we can take to court with us when we contest this ticket you are writing.  At that time I turned towards the policeman and shot this photo.  No surprise....he quickly let us go.  

No harm no foul.

DSCN2116BRIBEsay NO.JPG

• Upvote 1