Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Siempre Soluciones

Scalloped or Corrugated Roof Wood Trim

Recommended Posts

 

I have a project that requires scalloped or corrugated roof wood trim as depicted in the attached photos. 

 

Has anyone ever seen this type of trim or molding in any of the home improvement stores in David?

scallop trim corrugated roof 3.png

scallop trim corrugated roof 2.png

scallop trim corrugated roof 1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, although I mostly shop Do-it and Cochez. What do you need it for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Uncle Doug said:

Nope, although I mostly shop Do-it and Cochez. What do you need it for?

 

Thanks, I'll make the rounds in David.

 

It's the missing link when integrating flat surfaces and corrugated panels as depicted in the attached photo.  Unfortunately it's not commonly used here.  The hunt continues!

 

scalloped corrugated wood trim roof panel .jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet a local carpenter can make the product. Give him a piece of the scalloped roofing to use as a pattern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in the states they made foam "closure strips" that matched the profile of the corrugated panel, Every place that sold the corrugated panels sold closure strips, this made for an air tight and weatherproof seal. Are you sure they do not have something similar here? The foam strip were about $1 each and very effective, and would make a better seal than the wood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

HOPSA ?

 

That was my first guess since I remember them having the widest range of corrugated roofing panels on display in their showroom.  They've got to have it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Penny said:

I bet a local carpenter can make the product. Give him a piece of the scalloped roofing to use as a pattern.

 

There's a special scroll saw that can do patterns, if anyone has one of these, making these would be a snap.  I thought about checking with the pallet and crate guy in Alto, perhaps he's got something along those lines or would know who would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jude Schmidt said:

Back in the states they made foam "closure strips" that matched the profile of the corrugated panel, Every place that sold the corrugated panels sold closure strips, this made for an air tight and weatherproof seal. Are you sure they do not have something similar here? The foam strip were about $1 each and very effective, and would make a better seal than the wood.

 

Yes, I've seen the foam ones back in the states.  Since I'll be painting these the material is irrelevant.  I'm also considering using 2" x 2" foam rubber if i can find that economically.

 

I will find out in the next couple of days.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I'm sorry to report that none of the home improvement centers carry this trim, Hopsa, Cochez, Franklin Jurado, Novey, or Doit.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2018 at 6:45 AM, Siempre Soluciones said:

 

Thanks, I'll make the rounds in David.

 

It's the missing link when integrating flat surfaces and corrugated panels as depicted in the attached photo.  Unfortunately it's not commonly used here.  The hunt continues!

 

Lack of roof to wall flashing is funny. I have built in the most exclusive areas in the US, for billionaires. Panamanians don't know how to build!

 

On 3/25/2018 at 6:45 AM, Siempre Soluciones said:

 

scalloped corrugated wood trim roof panel .jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Siempre Soluciones said:

I'm sorry to report that none of the home improvement centers carry this trim, Hopsa, Cochez, Franklin Jurado, Novey, or Doit.

It is not a trim, but a gasket or shut off for insects, bats, lizards, birds, etc

Edited by Moderator_02
repaired formatting issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×