So will any heads roll? Large Scale Electrical Outages on the Same Day as the Inauguration of Estadio Kenny Serracín

Here it is after 4:30am the next day and still no electricity. When I called Gas Natural for the second time just now, there was a recording with at least 40 (admittedly just an estimation here since they talk at the speed of light :() cities/regions that they already know are without service. Not encouraging for quick restoration where we live here at the end of the line. :(:(

My response to John’s question is heads will not roll. There may be some talk, perhaps strong or animated talk, but nothing will change. :(:(:(

I don't know what time my power went out in Boquete last night or early this morning but it came back on at 5:28am. I was in the new stadium last night. There was never a power outage. The inaugaration and game went well. You should have been there to enjoy the electricity and the game!!!!! We got home around midnight and had power in Boquete. There was a short delay with the sound system when the generators were activated in the new stadium. (Edited this morning when the wife got up with the real information) lololol

CHIRIQUI 5 HERRERA 2

The Generators worked well. lololololol

Edited by Hil

In Potrerillos our power went out several times overnight, lasting 1-4 hours each time.  I would suspect wind damaging trees/poles, could happen anywhere.  As a “survivor” of the Canadian ice storm in 1998 when my power was out 23 days in the middle of a brutally cold winter, my response is “meh”.

• Upvote 1

my response is “meh”

Yep, ask the folks in Massachusetts or Puerto Rico how they're doing.

With the strength of the winds blowing through last night I'm not surprised there were outages.

There were plenty of lights on at the stadium and the Feria.

image.thumb.png.7835f662dde3a8e309e82d3aa9dcb20d.png

image.thumb.png.4483a1b6dac8b9280b923dc40c98353c.png

Edited by Keith Woolford

20 minutes ago, Marcelyn said:

Where did all those people attending the game park their cars? :o

There is an integral, multi-level, parking garage on the east side of the facility.

You can see the structure and it's incumbent ramp on the left in this construction photo.

image.thumb.png.671a70f733b3967715ccb24cbd2c1a7b.png

The lower section in this rendering

image.png.b681d327fae2b02c34aa8d583031d34d.png

Edited by Keith Woolford

• Moderator_02 changed the title to So will any heads roll? Large Scale Electrical Outages on the Same Day as the Inauguration of Estadio Kenny Serracín