Info for U.S. Veterans who order hearing aid batteries

Hello:

This information pertains to U.S. Veterans living in the area that have hearing aids and usually order their hearing batteries through the VA via eBenefits.  In case you NOT have a local mail service/mailing address here in Panama and you do have your hearing aids delivered to the U.S., then shipped here to Panama ..... then this might interest you.

I contacted JR at We Care Pharmacy in David regarding this and he was unsure about the topic and directed me to Hear4U in David.  Since I have dealt with the doctor directly in Miami, I contacted her and her suggestion was that it was easier for Veteran's to utilize the Denver, CO website, via eBenefits.

However, at the same time I texted her, I contacted FMP (via email) regarding the same topic.  The following is a copy of our transmission:

MY MESSAGE, dated 15 MAR 2018:  to hac.fmp@va.gov

Hello:

I have a question regarding hearing aid batteries.... if a Veteran is service-connected for hearing loss and needs hearing aid batteries - must they order them from Denver OR can they purchase them here in the Republic of Panama, then submit a reimbursement claim to FMP??

Thank you,

Brian

THEIR RESPONSE, dated 19 MAR 2018:

Sir

Yes you can purchase them from a provider in Panama, just remember we need the invoice to show;

1.      Name, type and  serial number of the batteries, (to verify they are compatible for your hearing aid)

2.      How many you are purchasing

3.      Receipt of payment

4.      Claim cover sheet.

I have attached a copy of the most current FMP Claim Reimbursement form.  Acquiring the batteries directly here in Panama allows for the Veteran to obtain the batteries quicker, IF they can incur the initial up-front cost.  Then they just submit a FMP claim reimbursement form.  If any Veteran requires assistance in completing this document, please let me know - I will gladly assist - I live near Boquete.... OR contact JR at We Care Pharmacy.

Brian
6916-8521

Foreign Medical Program Claim Form_blank_NEW_2016.pdf

• Upvote 1