Gyro eatery appears closed and out of business. Vines along their fence are overgrown and no activity at this location for a long time.

Deborah Gershon, owner of CHOX chocolates, next door to Gyro announced she is retiring and selling her business.

Sad.

Gyro closed up a few weeks ago.  Not surprised. The original concept that Mark and Gary had was very successful. Heard it might be a money issue. Had their equipment up for sale on Facebook. That location would be great for an Italian Restuarant! Just kidding! :D Actually, a wine and tapas bar would be great!

Good for Deborah! 

The owner of the property where Sr.Gyros was located is losing a tenant but she’s gaining considerable improvements.

Not surprised that Deborah wants to change it up. She’s been busting her butt over there. I hope someone will take it over who is as enthused and dedicated to the craft as she is.

Edited by Keith Woolford

I loved the location and ambiance of Sr. Gyros.  I think it would be perfect for a Mongolian BBQ (You select your own mix of raw veggies and meat from a buffet, place in a bowl and then the chefs stir fry and return it to you with rice).   It's the best food ever, and you can adjust the spices so you always end up with it made to your exact personal preference.  Just my dream restaurant, as I miss spicy food here.  Hoping someone reads this and makes my dream come true!!!   haha

On 3/14/2018 at 6:35 PM, TwoSailors said:

Gyro closed up a few weeks ago.  Not surprised. The original concept that Mark and Gary had was very successful. Heard it might be a money issue. Had their equipment up for sale on Facebook. That location would be great for an Italian Restuarant! Just kidding! :D Actually, a wine and tapas bar would be great!

Good for Deborah! 

We enjoy Milano, an Italian restaurant near the school downtown. Yummy pizza, too. Good food and available parking.

Speaking of parking, driving along the hill past all the Restaurant Row eateries is a scary sport. Vehicles located bumper to bumper, people trying to navigate back to their car after eating/drinking, plus pedestrians walking to and from town, cars semi-parked in the street, etc. Add the major road repair with equipment left here and there and poor street lighting. A nail biting experience!  We usually travel on a side street in our journey home; but sometimes we get derailed and face this mess.