Stoves With Glass Tops

2 hours ago, Gordon Bakke said:

Some of the stoves available for purchase in Panama come with a very nice (and I assume expensive) glass top that folds up & down. So far, I have found zero functionality for said top. In fact, it seems to be a very good collector of grease and dust. What am I missing??

I don't see any use for the glass top.  Just another thing to clean.  And if you forget to lift it up when you turn the gas on, there will be trouble.

I don't own one of these stoves, but one advantage to this glass top (especially if the glass is tinted) would be to hide any food run-over mess around the burners.

My friend Naomi is a great cook but hates cleaning her stove top and oven. I think she would appreciate this glass top gadget.

6 hours ago, Marcelyn said:

I don't own one of these stoves, but one advantage to this glass top (especially if the glass is tinted) would be to hide any food run-over mess around the burners.

My friend Naomi is a great cook but hates cleaning her stove top and oven. I think she would appreciate this glass top gadget.

Well that's kinda gross.

The glass top serves several purposes in my small, totally Panamanian kitchen...............extra prep space for sure, a place to cool baked goods and probably, best of all...........it serves as a back splash that is much easier to clean than a plaster wall painted with cheap paint.  Actually, you can get this helpful attachment on reasonably priced stoves.