“This sure is the truth!”   Yeah but.........what about better road system; better electrical system; better telephone system, etc.  I think the real problems could be lack of planning, knowledge, and corruption.

A poor education system is the root of all these conditions is my thinking.

• Like 1

• Moderators

OPINION: Panama deserves better water system

idaan.jpg 
Six day repair project
Post Views: 201

THE SITUATION of the lack of drinking water in the last week in the capital city has served as a reminder of how weak the Idaan [Water and Sewer Authority] is. This institution has been punished by improvisation, politicking and clientelism. Panamanians do not have the water that we deserve, if not the one we pay. For more than 30 years the water tariff has stagnated, the infrastructure of the pipes presents a deplorable state and the entity has lost its ability to solve problems with its own resources.

The real price of this crisis is not only the water lost and how much it has cost to repair the broken pipes. It also includes the damage caused to those businesses that could not serve their clientele, hospitals and clinics that limited their attention and the infinity of annoyances faced by families, businesses and all those who depend on drinking water for their daily tasks. The Idaan does not deserve the bad luck it has, but neither can it be a saddlebag full of damages, and of omissions that take away healthy water from a thirsty country. We cannot tolerate more mistakes and clumsiness. This is simply unacceptable …La Prensa, Mar.1

http://www.newsroompanama.com/news/panama/opinion-panama-deserves-better-water-system

47 minutes ago, Pat said:

“This sure is the truth!”   Yeah but.........what about better road system; better electrical system; better telephone system, etc.  I think the real problems could be lack of planning, knowledge, and corruption.

A poor education system is the root of all these conditions is my thinking.

Now your dreaming! B|

Edited by TwoSailors