There were several reports on Facebook of a large wildfire north of the Caldera road checkpoint today.

For reasons far above my level of science competence, flames generate massive amounts of positive ions which severely interfere with electrical power lines and can cause complete power failures. 

Was that the cause today?  I have no idea, but it may be a possibility. 

Curious if today’s outage (still ongoing) is because of another wildfire, or some other excuse. Emergency generators are not designed to run so much. We just seem to have routine, daily “emergencies” when it comes to the power grid. :(

On 2/14/2018 at 5:15 PM, Siempre Soluciones said:

At least Cable Onda's Internet service lasted three hours during the four hour outage.

If only I were disciplined enough to keep my phone and pad charged.  I COULD have had Internet, maybe, if I hadn't been running on fumes with the power was l lost.  I'm still sick of seeing these rainbows every morning. Hearing the wind howl all night...  Will it ever stop? I have 35 friends visiting mid March.  It's getting closer, and closer to D-Day for me.

• Like 1

A friend purchased a Wagan Power Dome NX-2 for me about a year and a half ago, I believe at Pricesmart. It has saved my life during extended power outages. I can keep my phone and iPad charged, use my hairdryer, etc. It also serves as an air compressor and battery jump starter for those other emergencies, plus other features as follows:

• Bluetooth
  • Battery Jump starter
  • Air Compressor and pressure gauge
  • Power inverter 200W
  • 12V DC power
  • USB power port
  • AM/FM radio
  • 3.5mm audio input
  • Worklight & Hazard flasher
  • Storage compartment
  • Voltmeter
  • AC and DC rechargeable

http://wagan.com/power-dome-nx2.html

Edited by Bonnie

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bonnie said:

A friend purchased a Wagan Power Dome NX-2 for me about a year and a half ago, I believe at Pricesmart. It has saved my life during extended power outages. I can keep my phone and iPad charged, use my hairdryer, etc. It also serves as an air compressor and battery jump starter for those other emergencies, plus other features as follows:

• Bluetooth
  • Battery Jump starter
  • Air Compressor and pressure gauge
  • Power inverter 200W
  • 12V DC power
  • USB power port
  • AM/FM radio
  • 3.5mm audio input
  • Worklight & Hazard flasher
  • Storage compartment
  • Voltmeter
  • AC and DC rechargeable

http://wagan.com/power-dome-nx2.html

Bonnie,

So disappointed to read that it doesn't wash and wax my vehicle at the same time of pumping up the tires. 9_9