Transfering car registration from Coronado area to Puerto Armuelles

I'm new to this forum and new to Chiriqui. Next October I will be moving to Las Palmas in Puerto Armuelles. My wife and I own a car registered in the Coronado area. Our plates have a May sticker. We are in Coronado but have access to our home in Las Palmas in May.

My request is,  if possible, to list the steps necessary to transfer the registration of the car from Panama West to Chiriqui, including how to get the plates. Please pretend I am not very smart and list the most minute details.

My warmest thanks to those who reply. Also are there concierge services in and around Puerto.

Bram

Keith Woolford is the "go to" guy for these kinds of matters. He is a regular participant on CL, so you probably won't have to wait long for a reply. Others are certainly free to respond as well. I'm just trying to give you some hope at this moment.

2 hours ago, Bram said:

I'm new to this forum and new to Chiriqui. Next October I will be moving to Las Palmas in Puerto Armuelles. My wife and I own a car registered in the Coronado area. Our plates have a May sticker. We are in Coronado but have access to our home in Las Palmas in May.

My request is,  if possible, to list the steps necessary to transfer the registration of the car from Panama West to Chiriqui, including how to get the plates. Please pretend I am not very smart and list the most minute details.

My warmest thanks to those who reply. Also are there concierge services in and around Puerto.

Bram

In which Municipality is the vehicle registered?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bram said:

registered in Chame

During the month of May, obtain a Revisado inspection for the vehicle. You will need to have your insurance document and a copy of the Title with you.

Take the original and a copy of the Revisado with you to purchase the 2018 Plate at the Municipality of Chame, and do so.

Afterwards, tell them you also want to change the Municipality of registration to Baru. They will ask for copies of Revisado, Title, identification, insurance, and an acceptable receipt from an entity such as Gas Fenosa or Cableonda,  proving that you actually have residence in Baru.

They will issue you a document which, together with another set of copies, you will submit to the Municipality in Baru.

Once re-registered in Baru, you will take the receipt which you’ll be issued, along with another set of copies, to the DIJ office in Paso Canoas for an Engine number and VIN verification.

After their inspection they will tell you at which office of the ATTT Transit Authority, and when, your verification document can be retrieved.

Once that document is available, submit it right there at the ATTT along with the original of Title, copy of Revisado and identification, and you will be issued a new Title which reflects the registration change.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2