Requesting Update on Best Cell Phone Carriers and ISPs

Greetings,

My family and I are moving to Boquete this spring.  Can anyone recommend, based on current conditions, a reliable ISP and cell phone carrier?  Cost, speed, reliability, etc.  It seems that things change in this area often, so I'm asking for current recommendations.

With gratitude,  Mary

Hello Mary,

Cable Onda is the best and most reliable with very good customer service.  50 MBS,  $65 a month. We have Cable & Wireless, ( Movil) for cell phones and probably the least problem free. Two phones with full data plan around $20 a month.  Been with both for 3 years. No complaints here in Brisas.

There are other areas in Boquete that do not receive as good reception due to their location. The further up you go the more difficult it may be. This should be an important decision on where you decide to live in Boquete. Also water and electricity.

35 minutes ago, Mary T said:

It seems that things change in this area often, so I'm asking for current recommendations.

TIP,  that is an understatement!!!

21 hours ago, Mary T said:

Greetings,

My family and I are moving to Boquete this spring.  Can anyone recommend, based on current conditions, a reliable ISP and cell phone carrier?  Cost, speed, reliability, etc.  It seems that things change in this area often, so I'm asking for current recommendations.

With gratitude,  Mary

It definitely depends on where you plan to live.  Planet Telecom is about the only ISP if you are in the "sticks", and it is much slower and more expensive than Cable Onda.  I can't get Cable Onda,  but, in my area we have great water, security and it's quiet.  Make a list of  your priorities, and then talk to everyone in the neighborhood for the "real story" on  any problems in a particular area with services.  There are lots of rumors, but things change here all the time, so get the latest from actually residents in an area. I use Cable and Wireless phone, the $20/month plan, and it has been pretty good, rarely out (once in 6 months for a few hours?).  Cable and Wireless are advertising some new package of internet and phone, you might want to see if that works for you, and if it's available in the areas you are looking.