Hopefully the right forum... if not, please point me in the right direction.

Kind of new to the area. Planning a little get together where alcohol will be provided. 

What is the best places for both price and selection in the Chiriqui area? I live in Boquete but frequently visit David

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Jim and Judi said:

Felipe Motta in David has a wonderful store near El Rey. You'll find most anything there. Closer to Boquete, Dorado's market has a good selection but so does Super Baru and we've found their prices are better. 

Agree. Melissa at Dorado can order cases of wine for you and search out wines that she does not carry.

Also Price Smart has a great selection. Casa Jamon, across from Dorado has good deals on wine by the case as well. And great Spanish food items!

21 hours ago, Jim and Judi said:

Felipe Motta in David has a wonderful store near El Rey. You'll find most anything there. Closer to Boquete, Dorado's market has a good selection but so does Super Baru and we've found their prices are better. 

Jim and Judi,

I agree 100%, Filipe Motta definitely has the best selection of alcohol as well as premium food products.  I just wish they'd stock 1.75 liter bottles of Kettle One.  Their bread, baked daily, is excellent.

Whskyman,

I have to disagree, the scotch and other alcohol I've purchased at Ivan's is definitely higher priced than Dorado.  However, it's the only tienda in Boquete where you can purchase a case of cold Balboa with the cardboard holder.  Super Xtra in David does so too.

I have to say that Dorado's prices are the best, at least for the scotch I buy.  Plus most of the time they ignore the 10:00 AM minimum purchase time!  It depends on the cashier present.