Need new glasses/prescription

I always recommend Optica Lopez behind the F Sur Super 99 store in David. The optometrist speaks English and is very honest about telling you if you need a prescription change. They also have frames other than the designer expensive ones.

• Upvote 1

On 12/3/2017 at 5:51 PM, DEmerson said:

I find recommendations for Opthamalogists, but I don't see any for Optometrists.  Can anyone give me a recommendation for where to go/who to see to get a new prescription and glasses ?

Thanks !  Debe Emerson

I took my opthamologist Rx from the States for Optica Vision.  The optometrist re-checked my eyes and came up with the same Rx.  I've had glasses made by them but it's no savings really over the States.

1 hour ago, 2Freds said:

I took my opthamologist Rx from the States for Optica Vision.  The optometrist re-checked my eyes and came up with the same Rx.  I've had glasses made by them but it's no savings really over the States.

I have had a similar experience. US-based Rx for glasses, and got the same Rx here. That is encouraging.

The cost of glasses here is essentially the same as prices in the US. The advantage here is not a reduced cost, but local availability for adjustments in the future should such be needed. A potential disadvantage was less selection of glass frames here when compared to the US, but so far that has not been an issue for me.

Bottom line: I have had only good experiences with acquiring and follow-on adjustments regarding my eyeglasses in Panama.

Debe, I've been very happy with the service right here in town at Optica VEGA.

My prescription changed a bit after surgery and the optometrist picked up the cause immediately.

Have had the same lightweight, but sturdy, frames for at least six years, second set of lenses in them. Prices seem reasonable to me. 

Edited by Keith Woolford