Dogcamp Javier & Magaly! Helping Animals In Boquete!

DECEMBER 15TH !!!

Dogcamp RAFFLE !!! WE WILL BROADCAST THE RAFFLE BY FACEBOOK LIVE AND WE WILL POST THE VIDEO THE SAME DAY!!!

Selling tickets at Dr.Chely office, BCP, Mailboxes, and here at the DogCamp! OUR PRIZES ARE DONATED FROM CASA DE MOMTAÑA, SUGAR AND SPICE, SEAGULL COVE RESORT FROM BOCA CHICA!!!
CONTACT US: 69659423 / 65638686

HELPING ANIMALS IN BOQUETE! WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT PLEASE!

23415956_1813614442262303_2110281012_n.thumb.png.ca626834bc6fda151d8cd8933ac525fb.png

• 1 month later...

Alison, Javier and Magaly post regularly on Facebook demonstrating various facets of their operation. That's enough for me. I seriously doubt that they keep financial records relating to donations as they probably have neither the time nor expertise. And they are not required to as they are not a legal entity. I think if you would pay them a visit you would see your money at work.

For all you folks (like me) who don't do facebook, it wouldn't hurt to learn a little bit more about how to use it. Maybe we're missing something. Come to the Tuesday Talk tomorrow at 10:30 in the BCP theater and learn now only about Facebook, but Twitter and Instagram as well. It will be fun and we might just learn a little something.

I'm not a huge fan of Facebook because it can be time-consuming, but I have found that giving it a look is essential to knowing what's going on here. There are at least four different Boquete FB pages, and I usually come away with some information that makes my life here easier. I've learned how to skip through it quickly to what is important to me.

Edited by Bonnie
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pat said:

Using Facebook because it “...is essential to knowing what’s going on here”  Have to ask what the heck does this mean? What is your view about the contributions of the other websites that support Boquete?

What this means is that, via Facebook, a person has access to many groups and therefore more information than any one site. This post is a perfect example, Brundageba hasn't seen updates from Javier and Magaly, where most of their updates are, because they're not on Facebook. My view of other sites is that they are also valuable, but the bulk of the info out there is available on one site, Facebook, if you join the relevant groups.

1 hour ago, Pat said:

So accounting to you all the other websites should just go out of business because FB is the only one who has ALL the informations?  Where are you from?

I know it's late but, helloooo, I said "My view of other sites is that they are also valuable, but the bulk of the info out there is available on one site, Facebook, if you join the relevant groups." 

Where did you make the jump to all others should go out of business?

• Downvote 2

Hello!!!!!

If you dont have a facebook page, we created two accounts, instagram and youtube where you can see pictures and videos, please come to visit us in our place and you will see 42 dogs that are waiting for new homes!!!

All the donation that we recieve go to buy dog food, wet food, pay to the veterinary, pay spay or neuter clinic, make blood test, garden, stuff to keep clean the place, and more!!!!

PLESE COME AND VISIT US!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Brundageba said:

My husband and I donated a considerable amount of money to this camp .  It would be nice to know where the money went and how the camp is doing. 

Alison and Bill Brundage and Flossy the dog

IMG_3362.JPG

Hello Allison and Bill

We really appreciate your donations, please come to our place to visit the dogs and we can explain to you what we are doing here. Thank you so much!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Pat said:

Using Facebook because it “...is essential to knowing what’s going on here”  Have to ask what the heck does this mean? What is your view about the contributions of the other websites that support Boquete?

I think News Boquete and Chiriqui Life are the two best sources for local news and discussion of issues. Beyond its social networking, the value of FB lies in reports on situations and issues not covered in the above noted resources. Giving it a quick look this morning, for example, I learned within the first few posts that a whole foods market is opening in David, that the water is back on downtown after a long hiatus, and that an errant goat has been blocking the Wilson Bridge. In the eleven years I've lived here, I've found that the more you know, the easier life is here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Boquete Dog Camp said:

In these two photos you can see some dogs that we have at the DogCamp, please come to see them and consider to adopt one of them 9_9

25289624_1829070220716725_3228283764265682241_n.jpg

25299553_1829069724050108_7879785790333719262_n.jpg

Wow.....that's a lot of dogs there !   Thank you for getting back and as well the invite for a tour.

Alison Bill and Flossy

• Upvote 2

Alison: Bud and I have visited DogCamp taking bags of dog food and viewing the good work being done by Magaly and Javier. I believe they are making a contribution to our community by providing a caring facility for these animals.

Hopefully as their business continues, they can continue placing DogCamp data on various local sites to help advertise their business.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/18/2017 at 5:52 PM, Bonnie said:

I'm not a huge fan of Facebook because it can be time-consuming, but I have found that giving it a look is essential to knowing what's going on here. There are at least four different Boquete FB pages, and I usually come away with some information that makes my life here easier. I've learned how to skip through it quickly to what is important to me.

I admire your discipline Bonnie!  I have no Facebook account, it seems to be useful, but for me it drove me crazy to make comments there.  I have seen too many folks get in all kinds of trouble and lose friends or embarrass themselves, haha.  I should try it again, perhaps using an anonymous handle.  I think I've matured....?

• Upvote 1