Road to Key West

1 hour ago, Bonnie said:

I believe Marie was referring to the video as appearing much as Key West always has appeared. I agree. It looks essentially the same as when I was there about 35 years ago and as when I was there about 15 years ago.

Agree with Bonnie.  It appears this video was shot late winter early spring from the appearance of the new leaf growth on the trees. We have friends in Marathon. The recovery is moving very fast.

The drive from Miami to Key West is a gem.  A must do for anyone's bucket list. We did it twice in 2005. Key West along with Saint Augustine are two of the best places in Florida...but not in the summer!

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/the-most-scenic-drive-in-all-50-states-america-s-best-roads-pacific-coast-highway-pikes-peak-route-66

4 hours ago, TwoSailors said:

It appears this video was shot late winter early spring from the appearance of the new leaf growth on the trees. 

All of this material was filmed by me two weeks ago.

Cudjoe Key, Big Pine Key and Marathon suffered tremendous property destruction which was piled on the main road (not shown in this video)

Key West was mostly tree and vegetation damage.

trash.thumb.jpg.aba6c623a8a81a968f75636a0954c98c.jpg

Edited by John R Hampton