I am leaving Panama but have overstayed my tourist visa due to unforseen circumstances.  Has anyone dealt with this recently?  Do I pay in advance of flying out of David or do I pay at the airport?  Internet was not much help since all info was old and we all know how things change here without notice.

6 hours ago, MarieElaine said:

I am leaving Panama but have overstayed my tourist visa due to unforseen circumstances.  Has anyone dealt with this recently?  Do I pay in advance of flying out of David or do I pay at the airport?  Internet was not much help since all info was old and we all know how things change here without notice.

I close friend did this several years in the past, paid in David. I was with him. He got a big piece of paper stapled in his passport that gave him a week to leave. I know la migra was friendly and smiling when he gave them the money ($700).

Maybe one can pay at Paso Canoas, for those who decide to fly out of San Jose, but I would confirm that. Anybody know?

Edited by Pantah