House Security Screens for Doors & Windows

The bug/insect screens are great. I've had one for over a year. Easy install with Velcro (sticky back for the door frame) and tacks come with it if you need them. Enjoy fresh air and no bugs. The magnets catch perfectly right behind you on the way in and out of the door. Everyone in my gated community has them. Good investment. We may not be thinking of the same screens. The one I have is not for security.

Edited by Hil

Your bug/insect screen seems to serve you well.

Here's two pictures of the security screens that we saw at Tuesday Market and at the David manufacturing plant.

Still wondering if anyone has first hand experience with these window/door security screens? Note that the screen part is actually metal (not plastic) that cannot be easily cut or penetrated.

Fuertec screen samples.jpg

Fuertec screen closeup.jpg

I manufactured all of my security bars out of AK-47s, The barrels are all bent so they are facing outward. There's a string that connects all the triggers. The ammo feeds from a ginormous hopper up in the attic. Preparation is key! (Also reasonably effective against swarms of mosquitoes, wasps, bees, and flying ants. Not particularly effective against snakes.)

Just another example of "The Seven P's",

wryawry

23 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

Dealer info or product website?

Company name is Fuertec. Lynne Van der Kar is the local contact. Her email is lvanderkar@gmail.com. Lynne is a member of CL. Her display name is "Lynne", so you could also send her a private message. We don't have any phone numbers.

Edited by Admin_01
converted email into hot link

45 minutes ago, WryAwry said:

I manufactured all of my security bars out of AK-47s, The barrels are all bent so they are facing outward. There's a string that connects all the triggers. The ammo feeds from a ginormous hopper up in the attic. Preparation is key! (Also reasonably effective against swarms of mosquitoes, wasps, bees, and flying ants. Not particularly effective against snakes.)

Just another example of "The Seven P's",

wryawry

Wryawry, I'm ordering your security bars made out of AK-47s for my house.

PS. The check is in the mail.

I met the co-owner on Tuesday. Product looks to be top notch and excellent quality.

I believe her name is Wendy. Her husband does the estimates and install. Their numbers are 6454-8317 and 6642-8210

Web site:

www.fuertec.com

They are located on the side road of the old highway near Elmec.

Edited by Admin_01
made the URL a hot link

1 hour ago, Bonnie said:

It's difficult to know for sure from the photos, but it looks to me like these would shut out even more light than burglar bars. Also, they will only be as secure as the frames are secure. Just food for thought.

The lack of light thru these screens was our immediate thought. However when we visited the factory in David, our concern vanished. From inside the house the metal screens allow plenty of see-thru.

I agree about the mounting of secure frames.

Not suggesting these are the answer to home security, but as my Mom used to tell me "if you don't do your part to protect yourself then don't expect the insurance company to pay for your mistake".

Today I had a chance to look at the screens and frames in detail. To say the least, I am impressed. They were designed from the ground up as security devices and the thoughtfulness shows. For example, the pin hinges are very robust and the pins are screwed in from the inside, so you can't just knock the pin out and take the door off. 

As for the light transmission, it is almost exactly like looking out of a car with tinted windows. You never even notice them. They also keep bugs out, so you could leave your windows open without sacrificing security. 

Based on the comments about frames, I inspected carefully. The frames are very sophisticated aluminum extrusions, designed to be mounted when possible with screws at right angles to each other. All screws are covered with trim covers that would be very difficult to remove without special tools. You can not bash through these screens with a sledge hammer and I would guess even a .22 bullet would have a hard time getting through, although this is a question for the full review. 

According to Betheny, almost everyone in Australia uses this type of product, so it is a mature and sophisticated technology. 

I'll be doing an in depth review of the Fuertech products in the near future. 

IMG_0982.thumb.jpg.800c0baa038df656a2f81IMG_0983.thumb.jpg.44b7f39057c58919172d0

Edited by Dr Sleepwell
  • Upvote 3

We had one of these screens installed a few months back on our bedroom window as a trial run. We are very happy with it. Now we can sleep with the window open and not worry about intruders. Seriously ,it would take hours for them to get through and even then they would need serious tools that you could only find in a manufacturing  facility.

Eventually we plan to build again here in Puertos Armuelles and we will be using these screens on all our doors and windows. For us they are a game changer. They are a much safer option than burglar bars, which we have always used. Wrapping a chain and driving away with a truck to pull your screens off is just not a possible option; but is a method commonly used on well installed burglar bars. 

Even if someone had a gun, the screen would defuse the bullet; according to information from the manufacturer. During the day you have to put your face on the screen to see in and even then it is very hard to see anything. At night if there are no lights on, it is impossible.

We don't have a personal investment in this company, so we are not using this platform to sell anything. It just really is an amazing product and makes living in this wonderful world of ours a lot safer.

• Upvote 1

This IS very expensive, but worth it if it secures your safety.

Following the series of home invasions, we installed burglar bars so secure that it would take a blow torch to get through them. They were carefully thought out and carefully executed for maximum safety. Three sliding glass doors, one single door, and fifteen windows of various sizes from very small to very large cost about $4000. Based on the above figures from Fuertec, the windows alone would cost about $1000 more if we went with the screens.

I thought I would hate the burglar bars, but I don't (although the screens, admittedly, probably are more appealing.) And I can't tell you how much more secure I feel, particularly at night. The death of Joe and the severe injuries to Marion, two friends, really affected me, as it did all of us who knew them.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome to this forum, we are very excited about this new innovative product and really appreciate all the encouragement and support given. Your security is important to us, we understand the needs specific to Panama, and we look forward to serving the community.   Everyone is invited to come to visit our showroom in David and see and touch the product, and of course please come by and say hello on Tuesdays at the Market!  We are available for custom Quotes at your convienence contact bethany@fuertec.com

Penny i appreciate you considering Fuertec Screens, Our fixed windows are $175 per sq meter, your windows are porportionally higher for the size requested. Our prices are competitive, especially for the quality. If you would like more specific information please let us know.  

The Fuertec website with detailed information will be up soon,  i will share it here for you when its ready. *Hablamos Español

IMG_0024.thumb.JPG.7350c664ec6a6012703d2IMG_0456.thumb.JPG.97de0914363bc621c9653IMG_0445.thumb.JPG.b75a2946ad6d4336f2426566b582198069_Fuertecmap.jpg.0c1729ee29a

Uploaded Images

•  
  •  

IMG_0456.JPG

569 kb · Done

•  

Edited by Bethany Strong

Bethany

Your product is superior. Right now I rely on my 3 dogs, my locked gate, and my motion lights.

If I was to install more security devices, it would definitely be your screens. Wish I hadn't spent money on a useless alarm system. My neighbors were in France for about 6 months and their alarm went off almost every night for all of that time. Not once, did anybody in our neighborhood do anything except complain via email to the owners. In my book, a home alarm (like a car alarm) are worthless.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank You Penny,   I'm sure your dogs will serve you well!  Alarms are good when there is a follow-thru, like a security company that would call the police for you!  Layers of security and awareness is what is important,  I am glad to see more outreach happening to help people understand their risks and solutions, so we can all live here a little more peacefully.