An expat has contacted me claiming that her wallet, including her pensionado card, was stolen some ago and that she has been unsuccessful in getting another. I sent her to the Embassy, Citizen Services, but I doubt that they can do much since it is wholly within the realm of Panamá bureaucracy.

Has anyone else experienced this and  could outline the steps that had to be followed?

Bonnie,

I know for a fact that replacement government documents and ids such as cedulas, marriage certificates, birth certificates, etc., can be ordered at the local Tribunal Electoral.  Does that include residency visas or does one have to go through immigration like one does for a replacement drivers license at the drivers license office?

Yes, that's what I'm trying to find out. I've heard that it is much more difficult to replace a pensionado carnet than it is to replace an E cedula.

I'm hoping the Embassy has dealt with this before and will be able to tell her what to do.

It is my understanding based on what I have been told (not first hand experience) that a police report must be filed in the case of lost identity documents (cedulas or jubilado cards, etc.) That doesn't seem to be the case here. Can anyone clarify with facts, not conjecture?

P.S., from first hand experience, I can say that a police report is absolutely required in the case of a lost placa for your vehicle.