Boquete Ning Out rage!

I just posted this on Boquete ning and it will not last so for the record here it is:

I know I will now be banned from this site but at least I'm putting the truth out there! (Or this discussion will be closed right away because it is not favourable for the powers to be that are running this site). Lee would be very disappointed as most of us are.

I have been trying to have patience and see where things go with the "new" Boquete Ning but the latest attacks on Don Ray Williams of Chiriqui Chatter are beyond the pale. Reminder, Don is the the warden for the US Embassy in David and plays a tremendously vital role.

From Ambreen yesterday:

All,

On behalf of the Ning community, we have chosen to close this discussion.  What most do not know is our owner reached out to Mr. Williams via a personal and cordial email in an effort to resolve any differences; Mr, Williams never emailed Mr. Hunter back, but instead continued with his efforts using Ning as is written here.

Sorry, these are the facts.   We are not interested in the continuation of this post or will we allow subsequent posts related on Ning, we have moved on. This is getting heated by our readers.  It serves no purpose to allow for its continuance.

Sorry, but some of your facts Ambreen are incorrect!

So, no spirit of let's all just get along for the sake of the community? No attempt at all to be balanced and see Don's point of view?

No compromise?

No discussion because people came to his defence? It's not even OK to defend him here?

I only met Lee Zeltzer a few times but my sense is that he would be horrified by the tightly regulated, close-minded, and highly censored new Boqute Ning. 

Boquete Ning: good luck your going to need a lot of it!

Edited by Admin_01
Inserted quotation marks around the quoted text.

Little by little they're getting rid of people that really used to spice up and give some flavour to the site.  Some new people are showing up but the quality and relevance of the posts are boring with no substance.  I am waiting to be on the list of banned people.  Let see how long will it take.

• 1 year later...
On 10/31/2016 at 0:03 PM, Bond McCamy said:

Is "Ambreen" a real name?  It kind of sounds like the name of a toothpaste.

Why are you reviving this old post?  It's a year old.  And yes, Ambreen is a real name.

• Upvote 1

I checked the profile of Bond McCamy and learned that he joined CL on October 25, 2016 --- a recent member of about one week. Maybe he doesn't realize this topic is an "old hat" topic. I agree, Judy: no interest anymore.

Also curious why Danielle thinks Bond's posting is racist? He was just asking whether Ambreen is the name of a real person. That has nothing to do with race, and seems like a legitimate question given the history and content of Boquete Ning.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Pat said:

I checked the profile of Bond McCamy and learned that he joined CL on October 25, 2016 --- a recent member of about one week. Maybe he doesn't realize this topic is an "old hat" topic. I agree, Judy: no interest anymore.

Also curious why Danielle thinks Bond's posting is racist? He was just asking whether Ambreen is the name of a real person. That has nothing to do with race, and seems like a legitimate question given the history and content of Boquete Ning.

Because of the sarcastic way it says "sounds like a toothpaste". It is at ethnic name. Not nice to mock ethnicity traits such as names would you not agree.

I have never met Ambreen or Bob Hunter. I know I looked up Ambreen in Linked-in and Facebook and she is there. Why wouldn't people do a little research before judging.

• Downvote 1