This dog needs your help

We are in need of a foster who can provide some TLC for this dog. The rescuer is not in a position to care for her. ARF will provide all medical and food expenses. This is our most desperate situation at the moment.  Donations towards the medical care are also appreciated.

ARF is a small non-profit animal organization dedicated to the rescue, care, foster and adoption of the unwanted and neglected animals in Boquete and the surrounding areas.  Please visit our website at http://www.arf-boquete.com/  if you are interested in adopting an animal.  You can also help with the financial support of these animals by clicking here http://www.arf-boquete.com/donate.html 100% of our donations go to the animals.

Our email address is arf.boquete@gmail.com

Please visit and “like” our Facebook page on https://www.facebook.com/ARF-Adopt-Rescue-Foster-Boquete-Panama-260616740779036/

YouTube: Adopt Rescue Foster ARF Boquete Panama

Also, please visit our sister site Pets Want Homes if you are interested in adopting an animal on http://www.petswanthomes.com/

Joanne.jpg

Situations like this, although too "usual," absolutely break my heart. Attached are pictures of my dog Sweetie. before and after. I found her while I was walking and immediately called my employee to bring my car to take her to my house. She was within a week or two of dying  because her organs would shut down from starvation. Sweetie came right up to me, like "OK, take me home with you." She wasn't afraid of people like many of the abandoned, homeless dogs are. (I have many other examples other than Sweetie about the dogs who live with me.)

Sweetie also has a scar around her neck, and she had two ulcerous sores  on her hind end, like she had been tied and had to sleep on concrete. Who knows? Maybe she had been tied up and escaped, or maybe someone brought her to Volcan and dumped her. She was apparently under six months of age at the time and had never had puppies. Her physical build at the time was the same as now. When I brought her home she weighted 25 lbs. Now she weighs 55 lbs., perfect for her size, and she is happy and healthy.

I'm so glad Sweetie and I found each other. It was/is a blessing for both of us.

Helping as many animals as I can is my purpose in life here in Volcan. I have 18 rescues, now all healthy and happy after proper treatment and many times surgery by our wonderful Dr. Tello. I simply don't have room for for more dogs. My heart bleeds every time I see a female dog in heat, many males hanging around to molest her, or a skinny female dog with big full tits obviously nursing puppies that will suffer and probably die a painful early death. And when people call me or I find one what has been hit by a car so badly that they can't be saved, and I have to put them down. (Two in the last 10 days.) I cry every time.

I applaud those of you in Boquete involved in the rescue efforts. Here in Volcan, I'm the only one. People do call me--often-- but I'm expected to be the "solution." Sometimes I can help, but right now I think I'm close to burnout from the work and sadness this creates. but I doubt there will be any respite. The clinics we have here are a lot of work and they are emotionally satisfying. But those we can't help weigh heavily on me.  I will continue as long as I can.

See the pictures of Sweetie before and after.  I really hope there is reincarnation and I hope those animal abusers return in physical form to be abused in the same manner that they subjected to these animals. 

Sweetie4.jpg

SweetieToy.jpg

100_2619.JPG

• Upvote 2

I'm dealing with a very similar situation with a very similar looking dog, Dottie. She's as sweet as can be after being neglected by our neighbor. And after 3 litters, we finally have her spayed. We feed her daily and are trying to find her a new home. In the mean time, she still lives with the bastards who tied her up and starved her.

IMG_20170908_091913.jpg

IMG_20170719_164217.jpg

IMG_20170908_091853.jpg

• Sad 1

My heart aches with yours Dottie,  in your burn out and I can only say how grateful we are that there are people like yourself who do what they do.  Our rescue dog Flossy came to our house wandering for weeks through our neighborhood. Her charm and loving nature fortunately brought her food from almost everyone she encountered, so she was not in the condition that Sweetie was.  That said, we constantly are amazed that anyone would abandon a dog like our Flossy.  Then who knows, maybe she just ran away in a lightening storm and got lost.  We will never know.  What Bill and I do know is folks like you deserve sainthood.  thankyou

Alison

Thank God for this little rescue dog that has brought so much joy to our lives !

2016 Flossie & Bill white scarf.JPG

Edited by Brundageba
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jim and Judi said:

I'm dealing with a very similar situation with a very similar looking dog, Dottie. She's as sweet as can be after being neglected by our neighbor. And after 3 litters, we finally have her spayed. We feed her daily and are trying to find her a new home. In the mean time, she still lives with the bastards who tied her up and starved her.

IMG_20170908_091913.jpg

IMG_20170719_164217.jpg

IMG_20170908_091853.jpg

"We feed her daily and are trying to find her a new home. In the mean time, she still lives with the bastards who tied her up and starved her."

File a denuncia against those bastards! To treat a dog like that is a criminal act. In addition to the current animal abuse law, it will soon require jail time for the abusers. It has passed all three "reviews" in the government and is now just waiting for the President's signature. Also, I understand that now a formal denuncia does not have to be filed. Here in Volcan we've been told to take pictures of the abusive situation and the corregidor will take the police to advise the abusers of the law...up to a $500 fine, for one thing. Hopefully that would change the abusers deeds.

Not long ago I went to the corregidor and had him accompany me to talk with an owner about what I thought was a dog being abused. Fortunately that wasn't the case; just visually from the road it appeared to be. It turned out that I know the owner (by face, not by name), actually a nice guy, and he had had the dog previously sterilized at our clinic. We did ask him to report any animal abuse that he witnesses. So every effort helps.

Edited by Dottie Atwater
addition
  • Like 1

Thank you Dottie. And we have spoken with the owners, but they are awful people and, until I can get the dog away from them, I don't want to go any further for fear they will mistreat her more. They have no fear of the law as they are in jail regularly. After I have her safely away, believe me, I will file and I have many pictures and witnesses! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jim and Judi said:

Thank you Dottie. And we have spoken with the owners, but they are awful people and, until I can get the dog away from them, I don't want to go any further for fear they will mistreat her more. They have no fear of the law as they are in jail regularly. After I have her safely away, believe me, I will file and I have many pictures and witnesses! 

I sincerely hope you can find a home for this sweet dog and then just kidnap her. (I have one that I literally kidnapped from abusive owners.)

• Like 1

On 10/8/2017 at 5:45 PM, Jim and Judi said:

Please steal her. I know that's not legal, but so what.

1 hour ago, JudyS said:

Please steal her. I know that's not legal, but so what.

I will Judy, as soon as I have a place for her to go. I stole/borrowed her to take her to the spay clinic and boy we're they pissed when I brought her back! Ha, too bad. I'm sure as legalities go, my taking her is no worse than them starving her, so...

• 3 weeks later...

Update on Patches (AKA Joanne)  This is from the fosters who are lovingly taking good care of her:

“Patches is doing great, finally getting frisky, eating well, wanting to play and is obviously getting stronger.  All her open sores have closed so tomorrow she will get her first mange bath.  I'm anxious to get those going.  She is going to be beautiful.”

If you would like to contribute to the care and recovery of Patches, please visit our site and donate.  Thank you!  http://www.arf-boquete.com/donate.html

Patches 1.jpg

Patches 2.jpg

Patches 3.jpg

Patches 4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Patches is well on the road to recovery!  Look at her now!  Thank you so much to our incredible fosters….you have really made a difference in this girls life.  She will only continue to get healthier and look more beautiful!

If you would like to help us help animals such as Patches, please donate today:  http://www.arf-boquete.com/donate.html

Patches update 1.jpg

Patches update 2.jpg

Patches update 3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2017 at 9:47 AM, MarieElaine said:

Very heart warming to know people care about these poor animals.  Please consider adopting this beautiful dog or have a look at others ARF has for adoption.

Or contribute to help the rescue team.  There are many options.  These folks are saints.

Alison, Bill and Flossy

18 hours ago, Brundageba said:

Or contribute to help the rescue team.  There are many options.  These folks are saints.

Alison, Bill and Flossy

Don't forget these two people who dedicate their life to dog rescue .  They are short of their goal they need in order to make an actual kennel enclosure for dog's they care for that are rescued.

https://www.gofundme.com/helpanimalsboquete