Absolutely agree. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of flood-damaged vehicles is closer to a million. At least that many driveways went underwater between Corpus Christi and Lake Charles, and most people there have at least two vehicles. 

Those flooded vehicles are practically worthless, but if some unscrupulous folks can gather and ship  them to Panama or anywhere else , it will happen..

Not necessarily true guys.  When I was a diver back in Canada we had a favourite spot where thieves dumped cars into the river.  We recovered a Toyota pickup that had been underwater for 4 months, power washed it changed all fluids and it started right up.  The new owner drove it for many a mile before trading it in.

Whats worse from a health perspective is the black mould that will start forming in the houses. I had that happen many years ago, and it is really hard to come back from that. Lots of paperwork, inspections, and money. The good thing is that houses are not transportable like a vehicle, and I don't expect to see any of those houses show up here in Boquete.

6 minutes ago, BD said:

Whats worse from a health perspective is the black mould that will start forming in the houses. I had that happen many years ago, and it is really hard to come back from that. Lots of paperwork, inspections, and money. The good thing is that houses are not transportable like a vehicle, and I don't expect to see any of those houses show up here in Boquete.

You wrote:

"I don't expect to see any of those houses show up here in Boquete."

And if the flood were to get that bad, you'll find me at the new light house at Los Molinos.

12 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

There will be tens of thousands of flood damaged cars and trucks to be liquidated in Houston shortly and some of them will end up in Panama, so checking the history of a used vehicle is essential.

I spent 3 fun-filled years selling used cars in Houston, 1997-2000.  There were localized floods from time to time.  I found that  one of the easiest ways to find out if a used car presented for trade-in  had been submerged was to check the trunk.  Look for moldy carpet and leaves.   Lift the carpet, and look for leaves and rust.  People manage to clean the car interior and yet often forget the trunk.