Another positive effort by the new Alcalde, I assume. Things are changing for the better on many fronts.

I'm old enough to remember when there was trash strewn along the streets and roads in the U.S. All that changed with the "Don't Be a Litterbug" national campaign. Maybe we need something similar here.

Edited by Bonnie

I believe the new garbage cans are a result of the "Beautify Boquete" committee headed by Teracita Pretelt and Michelle Brewer, both Panamanians. Of course the new alcalde has been very supportive of their work.

An interesting thing -- right now one of the biggest eyesores in Boquete is the bridge. The lights are broken or missing. The plants are missing and the planters full of weeds. The committee would like to make the bridge beautiful but everything put there (including the light fixtures) gets stolen. They're hoping the new garbage cans don't get stolen.

10 hours ago, Bonnie said:

Another positive effort by the new Alcalde, I assume. Things are changing for the better on many fronts.

I'm old enough to remember when there was trash strewn along the streets and roads in the U.S. All that changed with the "Don't Be a Litterbug" national campaign. Maybe we need something similar here.

I'm not sure of all the details, but I believe the Mayor has a Beautification Group working to improve our town. Anyone with information about this program?

33 minutes ago, Marcelyn said:

I'm not sure of all the details, but I believe the Mayor has a Beautification Group working to improve our town. Anyone with information about this program?

Just now read Miss Penny's answer to my earlier question.  Thanks.  This program is a winner and I'm glad to see its working.