Airport Security

Everyone has lost a little something or other going thru the security check at the airport.    I have had numerous items confiscated such as tweezers, fingernail clippers, etc.   Today topped that list of items.  It seems that you are not allowed to carry a partially used roll of  1/4 inch double sided Scotch Tape in your carry-on.   As the security gal flagged her supervisor over, he agreed that Scotch Tape was not allowed in your  carry-on bag.   Stunned, I asked why.    I was told that it could be used to tie or bind a person.   I considered his answer as I put my belt on, slid my 12 foot power cord for my laptop  into my backpack ad picked up my 10 foot USB cords.   Yes, we can't have people carrying on something they could use to tie or bind.    Its a good thing security is keeping us safe from the terrorist flying out of Albrook Airport with Scotch Tape in their bag.

Rest easy... they are on watch...  just drop the tape and walk away

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

That is as big a mystery as why they confiscate an empty water bottle. No other airport anywhere does that as far as I know. I will be on the alert for passengers packing scotch tape and report them immediately. We must be safe!

7 hours ago, Twin Wolf Technology Group said:

Everyone has lost a little something or other going thru the security check at the airport.    I have had numerous items confiscated such as tweezers, fingernail clippers, etc.   Today topped that list of items.  It seems that you are not allowed to carry a partially used roll of  1/4 inch double sided Scotch Tape in your carry-on.   As the security gal flagged her supervisor over, he agreed that Scotch Tape was not allowed in your  carry-on bag.   Stunned, I asked why.    I was told that it could be used to tie or bind a person.   I considered his answer as I put my belt on, slid my 12 foot power cord for my laptop  into my backpack ad picked up my 10 foot USB cords.   Yes, we can't have people carrying on something they could use to tie or bind.    Its a good thing security is keeping us safe from the terrorist flying out of Albrook Airport with Scotch Tape in their bag.

I gotta admit that that beats the confiscation less than a year ago of a mini tape measure that had traveled the world with me for over fifteen years. Shopping isn't the same without it.

Edited by Bonnie
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Twin Wolf Technology Group said:

Thanks...appreciate knowing security is on the ball!

image.png.4b087038d643913684f0e81674209dfc.png

• Like 1