Conjunctivitis in Panama Declared Epidemic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Conjunctivitis epidemic mushrooms to 25,557

conjunctivitis-1-1-620x264.jpg

Conjunctivitis epidemic mushrooms to 25,557

PANAMA’S conjunctivitis epidemic has mushroomed to 25,557 cases and climbing since  it was declared on August  2 says the Ministry of Health (Minsa).

At the time the outbreak was  listed an epidemic, there were  10, 646 reported cases

The Gorgas Memorial Institute of Health Studies detected

that the agent that is causing the disease is an enterovirus

that can be transmitted  by direct contact with ocular, respiratory or stool secretions, but It can also come from environmental sources, and affects people of all ages.

The incubation period for conjunctivitis is between 12 and 72 hours. It is maintained for  four consecutive days, in its lighter phase, but may be up to 12 days when it becomes full blown.

http://www.newsroompanama.com/news/panama/conjunctivitis-epidemic-mushrooms-25557

I have caught this virus in one eye. The drug stores in town have plenty of medicine. Hopefully the other eye doesn't get it. I am applying the medicine to both eyes anyway. Oftagen; with .3% gentamicina. The pain has gone so maybe the pink eye will leave soon. Don't have a clue where I caught it. Maybe on the golf course...................lololololol

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators