Jack Collapses, Victim Crushed by his Vehicle near Bugaba

What a shame.  Good idea to keep your tires in good shape what with the torrents of rain that can skid you off the road but as well , changing a flat tire and the issue of using a jack.    There are places we drive all the time where there is no safe place to either pull off or to get a good purchase under a jack for tire changing.  ( I'm thinking about the one way highway through Algarrobos )

1 hour ago, Brundageba said:

There are places we drive all the time where there is no safe place to either pull off or to get a good purchase under a jack for tire changing.

For just those reasons, I quit jacking up cars long ago after I discovered 12 volt tire inflators, a great accessory to carry in the car which can get a person out of a jam on many occasions.

I also recommend that folks use the Roadside Assistance service which comes with a good vehicular insurance policy. Generally good for one each incident such as flat tire, dead battery, locked out, etc. The service contractor usually shows up within half an hour.

goodyear-i6000-12v-air-inflator2.jpg.f161ebe0e26592bb4a740e2b06558827.jpg

Edited by Keith Woolford

We have both....great advice.  Here's another: if you get locked out of your car (like you locked the keys inside your car) and fail to get the door open after struggling with a hanger, flag a cabbie.   If he can't get into your car, he'll go get the local car thief and bring him over for a buck of two.  Worked for us when I did that in Sona' out in the middle hot as hell nowhere-land.

It also amuses standers by. Quite a crowd was gathered ( offering their own advice as the scenerio progressed) by the time the deed was accomplished.