107th Spay/Neuter Clinic in Volcan

On July 23rd, 2017, Dr. Tello sterilized 47 dogs and cats and we passed the 4,000 mark. In our little 11 clinics per year with only one doctor, we have now sterilized 4,017 dogs and cats!
http://spaypanama-chiriqui.org/107th.html

We apologize that people had to wait longer than usual. Don Binder, who usually weighs the animals and injects the anesthesia, was unable to be there. All of our dedicated volunteers are excellent, but the ones tasked for doing Don's usual jobs were not accustomed to doing so.

See my web page for an extraordinary procedure Dr. Tello did with a dog's badly broken rear leg in lieu of surgery. (And there are pictures of it in my photo album. The link to the album is on the web page.)

But it turned out that the owners were unable to give the specialized care that the dog required, so I ended up taking the dog to Dr. Tello at the border on Tuesday for surgery. I went back to get the dog on Friday. Dr. Tello said the surgery went very well. He inserted a pin to stabilize the leg and he will remove it at our August 20th clinic. In the meantime, the dog is with me. I will give him the necessary pain medications and antibiotics, remove the sutures in a week, and then bathe him and give him a haircut.

Bud and Marcelyn of Boquete are owners of www.chiriqui.life web site. They graciously came to the clinic in Volcan to do a podcast of me regarding the clinics. When it's finished, I will post the link on other various sites, explaining that. Chiriqui.Life is mainly about things-Boquete but there is other useful information as well. And that Bud and Marcelyn invite everyone to come visit. No need to sign up (free) unless people want to post or listen to the various podcasts.

Our next clinic will be on August 20, 2017. Not even August yet, it is already half full.

My heartfelt thanks to everyone who volunteers, donates, and brings their animals to the clinic to be sterilized. Together we ARE making a difference!

Dottie

• Like 1