It seems that the IP Cameras provided by Amigos de Boquete and mounted on the municipal building have been inoperative for at least a couple of weeks. I have found these live cameras to be well worth the occasional online visit and I am disappointed to find an error message instead of the real-time views of the plaza.

I wonder if TV Chiriqui or the Mayor's office is responsible for maintaining the server at alcalde.gotdns.com, and what it would take to get it back online.

4 hours ago, Jim Bondoux said:

It seems that the IP Cameras provided by Amigos de Boquete and mounted on the municipal building have been inoperative for at least a couple of weeks. I have found these live cameras to be well worth the occasional online visit and I am disappointed to find an error message instead of the real-time views of the plaza.

I wonder if TV Chiriqui or the Mayor's office is responsible for maintaining the server at alcalde.gotdns.com, and what it would take to get it back online.

Jim,

The final camera (# 2) went dark the day they installed the free WiFi in the park.  Perhaps it was a bandwidth issue.

4 hours ago, Jim Bondoux said:

It's a very complicated funding issue. The matter currently rests with the government, where it has languished for some time. It's my understanding that Amigos de Boquete is monitoring the situation but has done all it can do at this point.

• Upvote 1

I understand and appreciate the response. There is certainly a huge number of good things toward which the government's finite treasury should be allocated that are less frivolous than some municipal live cams. It probably ought to be more of a chamber of commerce sort of thing, if such a thing were ever to exist in Boquete....