I stopped by Pokotitos at San Francisco plaza tonight for a quick dinner on my own. Here are my observations.

Why I would go back:
Vegetarian options, yaay!
Very friendly!
Great food!
Good pricing!

What I didn't like:
Strobe lights 1f641.png:(
Loud music 1f641.png:(

Conclusion: I like this place. I ordered vegetarian spaghetti, two glasses of wine and a brownie with ice cream for $16. I also got a small bowl of delicious steamed potatoes before my meal. I didn't order them and saw them being delivered to each table, so maybe it's a thing.There are two outside tables which will save you from the loud music and strobe lights. It's close to my house, affordable and has plenty of vegetarian options. I will definitely go again.

For my own reason, I do not eat at The Garden so it's nice to have an alternative in the plaza.

59 minutes ago, JudyS said:

Strobe lights and loud music? Thanks for the warning. I will certainly avoid this place.

It's unfortunate. But the food is really good and if you can get one of the outside tables it's great. They also package food to go. The music was loud but not of a particularly annoying genre, in my opinion. I just don't get the lights.

Edited by Jim and Judi

A small group of us had lunch at this restaurant on Tuesday. We all had the daily "menu del dia" which cost only $3.50. It was a good bargain and very tasty. The rice was one of the best I've tasted in Panama. The other great rice is at Hotel Nacional in David. The special consisted of a large mound of this great rice, a boneless pork steak, some lentils, and a little lettuce. There were no strobe lights or music. The menu is quite extensive. I would go back.

• Admin_01 changed the title to Pokotitos in Plaza San Francisco
1 hour ago, Penny said:

A small group of us had lunch at this restaurant on Tuesday. We all had the daily "menu del dia" which cost only $3.50. It was a good bargain and very tasty. The rice was one of the best I've tasted in Panama. The other great rice is at Hotel Nacional in David. The special consisted of a large mound of this great rice, a boneless pork steak, some lentils, and a little lettuce. There were no strobe lights or music. The menu is quite extensive. I would go back.

I was part of this group and agree with Penny's assessment. When questioned by a Panamanian member of the group, the owner said the music was karaoke and was scheduled for weekend nights and week nights when specially requested. The "little lettuce" that Penny references was not your tasteless iceberg but a mixture of excellent greens lightly dressed. The rice is to die for. I have no idea how it was made. Oddly, there also are racks and racks of DVDs for rent or sale.

Edited by Bonnie

I walked by this restaurant recently. Glanced in doorway, saw the strobe lights and heard the music and continued walking. My thought was "this is a hang-out for teenagers and young people parties".

Glad to learn the menu is extensive. Won't travel this way again to eat just vegetables.

27 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

What is the nationality of the owner/operator?

I don't know for sure, but I think he's Panamanian. He speaks fluent Spanish and appeared to be a personal friend of the Panamanian in our group. Also, he looks familiar to me, but I can't recall where I may have seen him before.