My regular lunch group went to Sabor today based on some glowing reviews on Facebook of the new chef there. It was the most unpleasant experience I've had in a long time.

There were five of us today, one of whom is Panamanian. The other four of us were waived through the front gate, but the Panamanian, who entered fourth out of five, was charged $10 and given a coupon for $10 off her meal. It goes without saying that she was very offended. The policy itself is a bad one, but to practice discrimination in enforcing it is deplorable.

To add injury to insult, her meal was only $7.93, so she even lost money.

The list the waitress cited of what was NOT on the menu took several minutes. All but one of us had hamburgers which were salty, tasteless, and overcooked. We're marking this one off the list. If there's a new chef, it's the same old menu. The food wasn't particularly good in the past, but today it was awful. I can't imagine what anyone would be raving about.

Edited by Bonnie
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bonnie said:

My regular lunch group went to Sabor today based on some glowing reviews on Facebook of the new chef there. It was the most unpleasant experience I've had in a long time.

There were five of us today, one of whom is Panamanian. The other four of us were waived through the front gate, but the Panamanian, who entered fourth out of five, was charged $10 and given a coupon for $10 off her meal. It goes without saying that she was very offended. The policy itself is a bad one, but to practice discrimination in enforcing it is deplorable.

To add insult to injury, her meal was only $7.93, so she even lost money.

The list the waitress cited of what was NOT on the menu took several minutes. All but one of us had hamburgers which were salty, tasteless, and overcooked. We're marking this one off the list. If there's a new chef, it's the same old menu. The food wasn't particularly good in the past, but today it was awful. I can't imagine what anyone would be raving about.

Maybe someone could invite President Varela to lunch there. Or maybe Mayor Walker.