29 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

Agreed, I'm thinking $4.00 is Banco Nacional's charge if it's a withdrawal from a BN account, and the other $1.25 is a charge by the home Bank.

Another "Other Charges May Apply" deals.

Nope. Schwab is my bank in the US. They reimburse ATM fees so it makes no difference to me whether BN charges $4 or $5.25, except BN should correct their "mistake."

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Dottie Atwater said:

The ATM at Banco Nacional (in Volcan) says the charge will be $4.00, but then the actual charge is $5.25. False advertising, not good. Is this the same at other banks?

Dottie

When I get money from my U.S. bank at the Global Bank ATM, I am charged $5.25 for the transaction. Perhaps  BN just hasn't updated their information.

22 hours ago, Dottie Atwater said:

Nope. Schwab is my bank in the US. They reimburse ATM fees so it makes no difference to me whether BN charges $4 or $5.25, except BN should correct their "mistake."

Charles Schwab is the way to go. Besides being reimbursed for all ATM fees there is no Foreign Transaction Fees. Great service from CS as well!