Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The ATM at Banco Nacional (in Volcan) says the charge will be $4.00, but then the actual charge is $5.25. False advertising, not good. Is this the same at other banks?

Dottie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure, but it could be two charges -- one from Banco Nacional and another from account holding bank.  Just fyi, I do all my ATM withdrawals at Scotia Bank.  The charge is $2.50 regardless of the amount withdrawn (from Wells Fargo in the U.S.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, I'm thinking $4.00 is Banco Nacional's charge if it's a withdrawal from a BN account, and the other $1.25 is a charge by the home Bank.

Another "Other Charges May Apply" deals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went inside BN and asked about the discrepancy. She told me the $4 was a mistake. It had been $5.25 before they changed ATM machines.

Scotia charges $4.28 for our Schwab Bank withdrawals but no charge for Scotia card withdrawals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

Agreed, I'm thinking $4.00 is Banco Nacional's charge if it's a withdrawal from a BN account, and the other $1.25 is a charge by the home Bank.

Another "Other Charges May Apply" deals.

Nope. Schwab is my bank in the US. They reimburse ATM fees so it makes no difference to me whether BN charges $4 or $5.25, except BN should correct their "mistake."

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dottie Atwater said:

The ATM at Banco Nacional (in Volcan) says the charge will be $4.00, but then the actual charge is $5.25. False advertising, not good. Is this the same at other banks?

Dottie

When I get money from my U.S. bank at the Global Bank ATM, I am charged $5.25 for the transaction. Perhaps  BN just hasn't updated their information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dottie Atwater said:

Nope. Schwab is my bank in the US. They reimburse ATM fees so it makes no difference to me whether BN charges $4 or $5.25, except BN should correct their "mistake."

Charles Schwab is the way to go. Besides being reimbursed for all ATM fees there is no Foreign Transaction Fees. Great service from CS as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...