Is an Expat Living in Chiriqui a True American?

Maybe Mr. Bolotin was just referencing US expats as they are probably the largest percentage of expats in Chiriquí?

The membership here lists about 15 expats who claim Canada as their place of origin.  That would make their percentage very low.

Like some others, I found the posed question to be quite pretentious.  But, the discussion has evolved toward one very important reason why this village is so appealing to us.  Chiriqui and Boquete, in particular, is very cosmopolitan for its size.  It's a delight to constantly meet people who live here that came from so many different places around the globe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JimAndNena said:

Maybe Mr. Bolotin was just referencing US expats as they are probably the largest percentage of expats in Chiriquí?

The membership here lists about 15 expats who claim Canada as their place of origin.  That would make their percentage very low.

There are many more than 15 Canadian expats here. But even if there were only 15, there's no good reason to leave them out when addressing expat issues.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bonnie said:

There are many more than 15 Canadian expats here. But even if there were only 15, there's no good reason to leave them out when addressing expat issues.

True enough, Bonnie, but I don't believe that Chuck was trying to be all inclusive with his posting. The variety of nationalities in Panama is nearly endless. I thought the entire posting was silly.

• 3 weeks later...