Announcing a New Assisted Living / Nursing Home in Boquete -- Boquete Home Care

• Moderators

A new, fully licensed Assisted Living / Nursing Home is now open for operation in Alto Boquete. The name of this facility is Boquete Home Care. It offers full nursing care services. $1,000.00 per month per resident. Personal care items, medications, and incidentals are the patient's responsibility. Day care and short term stays are offered.

Contact Lilli at 6678-1278 or Karina at 6345-1159. Both contacts speak English.

2017-06-01-10.42.jpg

2017-06-01-10.00.58.jpg

2017-06-01-10.14a.jpg

2017-06-01-10.14.jpg

2017-06-01-10.13.jpg

2017-06-01-10.12.jpg

2017-06-01-10.05.jpg

2017-06-01-10.03.jpg

2017-06-01-10.02.jpg

Edited by Moderator_02
to include the official name of this facility

Alto Boquete.  From the main highway, just before the school and the 2 NP walkover coming from Boquete, turn right at the Bougainvillea Village sign.  Go to the end of the street where you have to turn right or left.  Turn right and it's the second house on the right.  You can call or WhatsApp either of the numbers listed.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Moonlit said:

Great news! Location?

2 hours ago, Linda said:

Alto Boquete.  From the main highway, just before the school and the 2 NP walkover coming from Boquete, turn right at the Bougainvillea Village sign.  Go to the end of the street where you have to turn right or left.  Turn right and it's the second house on the right.  You can call or WhatsApp either of the numbers listed.

We are trying to get this new facility configured in Google Maps. Until that update is completed and published (which is under Google's control), here are the geo-coordinates that you can enter into Google Maps:

8.747611 -82.435070  (This is a hotlink into Google Maps; just click on the coordinates.)

As Keith indicated, this area is known as Alto Dorado.

• Admin_01 changed the title to Announcing a New Assisted Living / Nursing Home in Boquete -- Boquete Home Care
  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators

We have been provided additional information about the new long-term assisted living/nursing facility in Alto Boquete to the effect that it is now fully operational and with four (possibly five?) residents.

We are working with Google Maps to configure this healthcare facility directly on Google Maps. Until that update is approved and completed, here is the best we can do: Avenida 3a Oeste, Alto Dorado, Boquete, Panama; or click here for a graphical version Boquete Home Care.

Attached is the additional information:

IMG_3566.JPG

• 6 months later...

Anyone have input about this facility? Opened several months ago but I’ve seen no information or heard comments. Seems like a needed element in Boquete.

I believe the lady (Karina) who manages this nursing/healthcare home also manages a similar place in David.

• 4 months later...

I have received confirmation the two patients that were in the home have been transferred to the David facility and this one is closed.  I am not 100% sure why but if I had to guess it was due to a lack of patients to support it.  This type of home is so needed in Boquete but I'm sure it was a business decision.  So sad.

• Sad 1

It is very sad.  I looked at the David facility and it is not anywhere near as nice as the Boquete home looked.  There is another facility in David  that has had positive reviews but they have no room available at this time. My guess is that the existence of the Boquete home was not well known. I had been searching for such a facility for a friend but had seen nothing about this one in Boquete anywhere else until I searched more diligently on this forum. Perhaps if information about it could be more widely available they could reopen to meet a potentially greater demand.  

• Sad 1

Several people tried again and again to help and support this project.

We all know they needed [gringo] clients but without advertising/information that simply was not going to happen. This could have been a wonderful facility for Boquete IMO. Very sad ?.

• Like 1

This all needs to be communicated strongly to whoever is in charge. In trying to find out what happened through the numbers on this post I was redirected to a woman named Odalys at 6112-7800 who says she administrates all the homes in Panama. She was very responsive and put me in contact with someone at their David facility. Maybe a strong effort from the Boquete community could persuade her to reopen the facility there and advertise it more aggressively.

• Upvote 1

Too many people tried too hard for too long to help this project. Perhaps no willingness on the manager’s behalf to manage (poor to no advertising, no return phone calls, property tours, etc.). Even local medical help was provided.

Sad ending to what should have been a great facility for Boquete.

Thanks to individuals who supported this effort.

On 7/26/2018 at 7:00 AM, Bonnie said:

Information would be more widely available if the business would advertise. Many small Panamanian businesses don't, and a frequent result is their demise.

In agreement but why don’t Panamanians advertise their business?

I never saw any advertisement for the Donut Shop next to Dra. Sanjur’s dental office; opened for a short time and now closed? 

• 5 years later...